Hi all :)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

On Tuesday I decided enough of this wishing and wanting , I got myself an ace400i. I went for my first swing yesterday at the beach (Redcliffe, QLD) and its safe to say I am addicted. I dug $1.10, a 1951 three pence and quite a bit of junk, so many bottle caps.

If anyone has any advice or tips about the ace or detecting in general, feel free to share, I'm learning from what I read and when I'm out and about :)

found a 1949 half penny a couple of years ago .thought it may bring me luck as thats the year i was born .must have fallen out my pocket cos not there when i got back to camp

Old Fred said:
found a 1949 half penny a couple of years ago .thought it may bring me luck as thats the year i was born .must have fallen out my pocket cos not there when i got back to camp

That's no good. Speaking of half pennies, I dug 96c and my daughter eyeballed a 1940 half penny, she was running around yahooing.

A bloke with a minelab came over and chatted before he left, he dug a very clean threepence, i was stoked to see it.

tessmontana said:
Ramjet said:
Welcome to PA. No pics. it never happened. :D ;)
Once i get past the 10 or so posts there will be pics ?

Everyone thinks that but it's not correct. You can post pics directly to the forum but they must be under 1 meg. Images hosted on other sites such as photobucket have the ten post restriction. It's to keep spammers at bay.

Thanks mate, i think I've worked it out. My first swing outside of my yard, down at the beach.

1470646111_2016-08-08_06-47-05.jpg

Its addictive that's for sure. I think I'm close to $13 now, got a couple of toy cars, a tank. Was digging a great signal yesterday, turned out to be a ring pull but there was also a blue marble in the hole too.

Glad I found this forum, have been learning alot.