Hi All,

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've been a member for a tad over 6 months & decided to bite the bullet & post an introduction post as im always reading useful articles & dreaming of other peoples finds.
I am from Far South Coast NSW but am currently in Mudgee for work for the next 6 months.

I own a Garrett AT Gold & have only ever found coins on my local beaches, LOTS of lead projectiles, bullet casings, bits of iron & pull tabs. I've tried around Wolumla Mt Momsen NSW, Burrendong Dam NSW, Gulgong NSW, 100km from Wubin WA still with no luck...

Im still very new to it all & learning but have a few books and this forum to help me out.

Cheers all for having me here - hellhole

Welcome to the forum hellhole,
One of our members who goes by the name bunyip takes people out on prospecting tours around the Gulgong to Hill End area. Look him up under members and give him a call :)

Cheers

Cheers Guys.

I went to the local metal detecting shop here in Mudgee bought a couple of small items & talked to the owner Wal there he was very helpful & full of knowledge & does guided day tours I wonder if that's the same person your talking about Oldfella?

Oldfella said:
Welcome to the forum hellhole,
One of our members who goes by the name bunyip takes people out on prospecting tours around the Gulgong to Hill End area. Look him up under members and give him a call :)

Cheers

Hi ho Hellhole,..welcome,..good to see you coming out after 6 quiet months(as a posting newbie) on the forum,...Persistence with reading what you have will help you in the long run. Feel free to click on my name and then click on "see all posts", then feel free to go through all my posts(and pages) to see if there is any information that will help you ,..there are a fair few posts, but here and there will be info about my machine(garrett ACE250) that may help you understand yours a bit as well, and help you see what is possible(and more with your machine) to find, and how.

No mate, different people :) The folks at the store are good people as well. Bunyip lives in Gulgong and knows the area off the back of his hand, do a member search and you will find his contact details.

Dam silver you have a nice coin collection, Some of them have come up real good after there clean!!

Ok Oldfella I got his details I will give him a ring next week some time - thanks for the advice =)

I been looking a while to find them HH.
It takes patience and knowledge.

Latest posts