Hi All Golden Triangle

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi to all,

just thought to introduce myself before posting a few prospecting adventures and gold finds - I am situated in the wonderful golden triangle in Ararat area, previous machines that I used was the GP3000 when first released then upgraded to the GP3500 mainly using coiltek 350mm DD Pro

I didnt see the need to upgrade to the GPX and GPZ models due to having good finds with the GP3500 - maybe something to look at in future - I guess when you have fine tuned your ability with a machine then it is amazing what can be achieved - still hearing many stories with users of the SD Models

I think my next investment will be a 14" Coiltek Mono Elite coil - anyone able to share some information regarding Coiltek 14" DD vs Mono Elite would be much appreciated

Thanks all and to the wonderful prospecting Australia forum

Welcome Minelab Gold. I have started reading 12 weeks to find gold. Omg so much info. I would like to thank you so very much for this mate. You are indeed a gentleman of the highest character. Pity I only have started this wonderful hobby. 12 months earlier I may have been lucky enough to go on a field trip with you
I too have the gpx 4500. Have found 10 grams so far. Biggest piece 4.5. Bought myself the nf 15 EVO for myself as a Christmas present and am struggling to get used to it lol. I've found one. 085 piece since I bought it 2 weeks ago. Nothing since. I have now taken a few days to study your posts and try and learn how to read the ground. I'm constantly asking myself while I'm out what am I seeing and why but I'm still clueless really. Only been detecting since October 1st and realise I have a lot to learn. Thinking of heading back out tomorrow to Maryborough and try my luck. Thanks again for all the help you've given us Mg.

Hey Big Wave is MG still active at all? I'm totally immersed reading his 12 weeks to find.gold and would really love to chat to him but that thread was stopped on may last year and no word from the great man since??

Welcome to the forum.

1515595187_welcome9.jpg

Latest posts