Hi All, another new comer to the Forum.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm at the very start of my journey down the prospecting road and have just bought a Garrett ATX Extreme to kick it off. I have had it for about 6 weeks but have only taken it out twice so far as I'm more interested at this stage, in researching all aspects of detectoring. That way I'm hoping to get a lot more out of my time in the gold fields instead of just floundering around not knowing what the heck I'm doing. I must say, since finding this site last night, I have spent about 6 hours just reading all the posts and it gives me a lot of enthusiasm along with a realization of just how much I need to learn. The number of very knowledgable people willing to give guidance has amazed me. Looking forward to one day being a contributor. Cheers.

Hi Bundaleer, you HAVE contributed just by introducing yourself. What part of OZ are you in?
Have a ball researching, followed by a good hands on approach with your detector. Practice with different metals at varying depths and look for tell tale signs in the soil structure.
Cheers, you'll be right mate.
;)

I'm from Melbourne. Thanks for the tips Jaros. Looking forward to the fun of getting outdoors and experiencing everything gold detecting has to offer. Its been great so far and we haven't even had any warm weather. Minus 2 degrees in the swag at Moliagul hasn't even dampened the enthusiasm, so I think I may just enjoy this pastime :)

Welcome Bundaleer ..... great dedication out there in that kind of weather ... sure your persistence will pay off.
Cheers T.

ps too old to swag it in those conditions, nice and warm at night in Creswick thanks to timeshare purchase many moons ago.
Far cry from fishing and being snowed on while sitting in the tinny on Lake Dartmouth.

Latest posts