Help! Swipers gully is closed and we don't know where to go!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vorseth

Jace
Reaction score
Hi guys,
We're heading near Stanthorpe tomorrow for the day and had planned to take our friend's little boy who's 8 on his first hunt for some crystals.
He's super keen and has been looking forward to it very much. We didnt know that the roads had all washed out in the state forrest and the gully is closed. Can anyone shed some light on where else in the area we can take him for some quartz crystals and the like? Pretty devistated we can't get to swipers even in the 4wd.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, we have permits ready and gear packed. *facepalm*
Otherwise we'll be driving around looking in road side gutters for crystal chips.

<3
Jace & Lauren.
:8

Sorry I have been too busy to check PA on a daily basis so missed your post. There is a way in to Swipers but it involves an uphill hike of about 1km. If you're planning on another trip, PM me. Yes, all the roads are badly damaged, I put a post out about this back in late Nov/ early Dec, it'll be many months before they get fixed as the damage is so severe and extensive.

Latest posts