help please for cityslicker

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi,
I am sorry to all those that get sick of newbies asking these questions, just wondering I have done small research on purchasing my 1st detector, up until now only panned and sluice boxed. however, I can purchase a F1A4 off a friends friend for $650 or am I best to go for a whites SPP for the $1200?
appreciate the patience of all that would obviously get these questions a lot.

cityslick

LS mate you're really going about things the wrong way buddy. Take this as a gentle reminder to review the site rules and take some time to evaluate some of the previous responses to your previous posts. If you don't understand what I mean I'm happy to spell it out.

LS, I have deleted your post considering I have already made you aware of the appropriate section for posting items for sale.

I don't think newbies will appreciate being taken advantage of with that sort of pricing, which by the way seems to increase by $100 for every post made.

You should seriously reconsider the way you are going about trying to sell this detector in future posts. :|

As for the F1A4, $650 is a pretty good price considering some of the inflated pricing currently going around on ebay etc. If warranty is a deal breaker, then the SPP might be more a more attractive proposition. :)

I don't believe the regulars here are "sick of Newbies asking these questions". Most of the real experienced folk here are more than happy to give help where they can. I am not qualified to help as I have not used either machine but I'm sure someone here would have.
In saying that something to keep in mind is that a new machine comes with a warranty. I know if I was your mate and sold you a detector that failed within a few weeks I would feel pretty bad. that's just my thoughts anyway.

The best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

Cheers

Latest posts