Help on quartz/rock

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a garnet to me, I have a jar of similar stuff that I got through my lapidary club (it was in the collection of a deceased member that was given away to other members of the club), but I do not know where it was found in Australia.

1467111041_received_293051467706519.jpeg
plenty of other types. These are photos my dad has sent me

Couldn't find any info regarding ruby or garnets in the area, only agate, jasper and chalcedony. There are corrundum deposits in the general area but not Berry or Nowra, anyway best of luck with finding more. :)

AtomRat said:
Heatho said:
Couldn't find any info regarding ruby or garnets in the area, only agate, jasper and chalcedony. There are corrundum deposits in the general area but not Berry or Nowra, anyway best of luck with finding more. :)
Derek & Doug Stone books?

No mate, it's on the google earth overlay I use from the NSW resources and energy website, it basically has every known mineral deposit in NSW marked on clickable deposit symbols, with geological maps, assay data, field observations, crown land and fossicking district info. ;)

Click the Earth symbol near the top left if you want to have a look at it.
http://dwh.minerals.nsw.gov.au/CI/warehouse

Latest posts