Hello there

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithy GPZ 7000

wayne smith
Reaction score
Hi everyone :D

I am new to this gold detecting, and I'm very excited at having the opportunity to find some color. Your site here is very interesting and full of great advice and good reading. I feel i have the fever already from all your comments lol .looking forward to getting out in the field. I live in skye valley , Melbourne .

Kind regards smithy . ;)

Welcome to PA Smithy. Is the 7000 in your name the machine you swing or is that just wishful thinking? if you've actually got one and not done much detecting before you've certainly jumped in at the deep end mate. Good luck with your hunt. Don't forget to post your finds so we can all admire.

Welcome Smith, hopefully you will have some luck on the gold, and get to post up some of your finds when the time comes. :)

SCROUNGER said:
Welcome to PA Smithy. Is the 7000 in your name the machine you swing or is that just wishful thinking? if you've actually got one and not done much detecting before you've certainly jumped in at the deep end mate. Good luck with your hunt. Don't forget to post your finds so we can all admire.

Hi Scrounger , the gpz 7000 is what i am getting after xmas :D . Yes it is going in the deep end but i though if you get the good gear it could give me a good start .And i will have it for a long time . I will be looking forward to showing my finds to everyone ;)

smithy GPZ 7000 said:
SCROUNGER said:

Hi Scrounger , the gpz 7000 is what i am getting after xmas :D . Yes it is going in the deep end but i though if you get the good gear it could give me a good start .And i will have it for a long time . I will be looking forward to showing my finds to everyone ;)
Nice one and way to go. Good luck again mate.

Hi everyone, i have been out detecting this morning and have found my first ring and 10 dollars in coin and plenty of bottle tops lol .i will try and load up two pics if i can . :mad: its telling me my file is to big ? I am not computer wise any ideas guys ?

1453771407_optimized-20160126_110518.jpg

1490748554_20161230_223928.jpg

Hi every one , i have not been on for a while but have been detecting parks and playgrounds ,in this pic i got about $49.00 and a bullet which was in a kids playground ? of all places! And an anzac badge. Will put more pics on shortly .have a great day everyone ?

Latest posts