Hello from Rastys 1964

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rastys 1964

Richard Scott
Reaction score
Hi My real name is Richard and I am located at Singleton NSW.

I started prospecting for Sapphires in Central Queensland about 10 years ago.
Last year I move to the Hunter Valley and found that gold panning would marginally closer than gemstone hunting.

I have been mainly to Nundle but have tried a few other locations as well (Hill End, sofala, Oberon). Found some colour at most places but nothing to get too excited about.
I have recently bought a Minelab GPX5000 but have only had it out a couple of times and have a great collection of rubbish, still looking for my first gold find.

I am a member of the Hunter Valley Gem Club and am enjoying learning new skills. A great bunch of people.

I also enjoy Camping, exploring the historic areas and four wheel driving.

Welcome aboard Richard - sounds like you'll fit right in with all your interests.
Looking forward to hearing of your experiences over the years - perhaps a bit of show & tell?

Welcome Richard.

I'm originally from Singleton, relocated to Rutherford about 3 years ago. I still frequent the town to visit family and friends.

We've got quite the following from around the Hunter, so if you're ever looking for a buddy to head out to the field with I don't think you'll have too much trouble finding someone here.

I try to get to Nundle when I can and hope to organise a group trip sometime this year.

I look forward to seeing you around the forum.

Cheers,
Nugget

Welcome to the forum Richard, won't be too long before some of that junk has a glint of yellow amongst it. Best of luck and look forward to sharing the results..Cheers Wal. :)

Latest posts