Hello from Canada

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone
My name is Jody and I'm visiting from Alberta Canada.

I've been lurking this forums for quite some time and wish I would have posted sooner...

My trip so far:

We recently left Brisbane and drove inland to Syndey stopping at a few fossicking sites. (Torrington was the first and it was a learning curve that's for sure!) We stopped at Billabong Blue Sapphire and found a few things but the locals commented they felt it was a bad pile (sad face)
We stopped in Stannifer and found some pebbles and a few tiny quartz points but nothing super fantastic.

Sadly we didnt get much done around oberon and I left feeling pretty defeated. I bought the permit to specifically go to Blue Hills Quarry but all the roads were blocked off. We spent two days driving around from site to site and didn't find anything accessible with a car.

I have been making jewellery for 15 years in Canada and would love to bring more stones home with me, but I am running out of time.

We leave Sunday to drive to Byron Bay for Sunday evening and my sister said we can try somewhere bearish (2.5hrs) South, South East, or South West of Brisbane.

I wasnt planning on asking here but if anyone has any recommendations on where I can go to find quartz points, I'd be very grateful.

Thank you so much, and pleasure to introduce myself/internet meet you all!
Jody

Jody_Alberta said:
Hey everyone

I've been lurking this forums for quite some time and wish I would have posted sooner...

My trip so far:

We recently left Brisbane and drove inland to Syndey stopping at a few fossicking sites. (Torrington was the first and it was a learning curve that's for sure!) We stopped at Billabong Blue Sapphire and found a few things but the locals commented they felt it was a bad pile (sad face)
We stopped in Stannifer and found some pebbles and a few tiny quartz points but nothing super fantastic.

Sadly we didnt get much done around oberon and I left feeling pretty defeated. I bought the permit to specifically go to Blue Hills Quarry but all the roads were blocked off. We spent two days driving around from site to site and didn't find anything accessible with a car.

I have been making jewellery for 15 years in Canada and would love to bring more stones home with me, but I am running out of time.

We leave Sunday to drive to Byron Bay for Sunday evening and my sister said we can try somewhere bearish (2.5hrs) South, South East, or South West of Brisbane.

I wasnt planning on asking here but if anyone has any recommendations on where I can go to find quartz points, I'd be very grateful.

Jody

Hi Jody, you can contact me via email, tried your email but came back server error, address not found.

Hi RockRat
I dont see an email option I think I need to post more to unlock forum features
My email starts with a J it might look like an I but it is correct (just double checked!)

Thanks so much, hopefully we can get in touch!

RockRat said:
Jody_Alberta said:
Hey everyone

My trip so far:

Jody

Hi Jody, you can contact me via email, tried your email but came back server error, address not found.

This is embarrassing I cannot find my quartz crystals, but I found some Prase from Hanging Rock near Nundle NSW.

Sent you an email.

Latest posts