Hello from California...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been watching these Australian prospectors pull 6oz nuggets out of the ground on YT and though I check in to see what I'm doing wrong here in California...

I belong to AMRA (American Mining Rights Association) here in the US and we have about 25 claims in the western states. We (my wife and I) look for dry areas that has good gold but no or little water. This gives us an edge as we built a prety good recirculating highbanker that allows us to mine for several days on 125 gallons of water.

I also belong to several other forums here in the US and Canada and thought I see if I could learn something new from the Australian miners...

welcome RG.. when you get 10 posts up I am sure the guys would be very keen to see your banker in action or at least a pic or two.. water is hard to find someplaces.. :)

Welcome, Rotgrub. You'll find a wealth of good info in here and some wonderful people who go out of their way to help others. I'm a newbie here, so I'll shaddap and sit back down now. Cheers! :)

kawman said:
welcome RG.. when you get 10 posts up I am sure the guys would be very keen to see your banker in action or at least a pic or two.. water is hard to find someplaces.. :)

Wow, that's some avatar... Yes, working with water is a big advantage. I will post more info when allowed.

backcreek said:
Welcome aboard Rotgrub.

Here's his YT channel if anybody wants to have a look at what they get up to.

I have been a subscriber for a while.

Thanks backcreek, so you've seen our madness... Most people avoid the dry areas but some of these areas have a good gold history with very little modern activity. The water systems really give you an advantage over dry processing.

gedanate said:
Welcome, Rotgrub. You'll find a wealth of good info in here and some wonderful people who go out of their way to help others. I'm a newbie here, so I'll shaddap and sit back down now. Cheers! :)

gedanate, your no longer the newbie... I relieved you from that title!

Latest posts