Heathcote half day with GMT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well took off this morning for a bit of a hunt no luck with gold, did find a lot of junk tho
Had the settings at gain around 6-7 vast at 9.9 lol, and earphones with a small amp called a fiio E6

And the threshold with barely and sound to block out the variable threshold sound, and found this really
Good for depth found a small slug from a .22 bout 3 inch in the dirt not super hard compact and was enough sound to say yeah I'll dig it so was happy with that, very noisy ground in heathcote

Will keep tryin!!

1426912673_image.jpg

Hit surfaced areas. You will be prone to finding more smaller bits.

Its a great day out either way.

Thanks for sharing.

thanks mate yeah i really enjoy getting out in the bush by myself clear the head and get a bit of exercise, i think i need to hit, areas in the
proper triangle, heathcote and blackwood are i think from what i have researched more deeper gold, possibly gonna get a tdi pro oz pi machine
that will be little bit better in the hot ground and give me a bit more depth.

I went out yesterday after battling a health issue for 3 months
and I forgot how much I enjoyed it.

No people to bump into and get to ask stupid questions, no smart remarks etc.

Just a nice long drive and the peace and quiet of the Bush.

Just persist and if you can afford a GPX 4500 or 5000 grab one. Its amazing
piece of technology. To see what one can do spend $70 and buy jonathon porters
dvds on the 4500 and 5000. Amazing stuff and what it can block out while detecting
using one of the timings.

You can buy a 4500 for around $3000. I bought my 5000 for $4000. You can
wait and see one selling cheap due to the funds urgently needed.

For now though find some surfaced areas and go over it with the GMT.

Bonacini said:
i think i need to hit, areas in the
proper triangle, heathcote and blackwood are i think from what i have researched more deeper gold, possibly gonna get a tdi pro oz pi machine
that will be little bit better in the hot ground and give me a bit more depth.

Nothing wrong with Heathcote area. I always seem to find a nugget or three out that way.

Hey fellas and fellaretts, another day out in heathcote, but with the gpx 4000 with 14" goldstalker and a 8" commander mono, aaaannnnddddd.... Still no gold :| :| , got plenty of junk tho, big old bolts and lead shots,
It's a very junk filled place , lots of ppl dumping rubbish bloody jerks make ya head explode when you swing over an old food tin or a rusted out hot plate or Jerry can lol.

Can only seem to run in sensitive smooth cos otherwise everything sounds like a target picks up every hot rock and what not in sensitive extra, ground balances fine just picks up everything in ground.

Gonna try run the sluice out there next time and recycle water in tubs.

Latest posts