havenacrack finds sumtings

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all, the shilling is a cracker, really good nick except where it says one shilling is a bit faded but the rest including date is in excellent condition. AR, I really like the tap's, they were found 20 foot a part with no handles, I believe this is a old 1800's hotel site.

Hello, went back to old spot yesterday for 2 hour hunt and got one coin, another early one, didn't know what it was for a while, it's another shilling, this one's king George IV 1826
1472266921_img_20160827_103640.jpg
1472266971_img_20160827_103058.jpg
cheers

The coin is in excellent condition despite it's age, yeah I know the photos are a bit dodgy, I'm trying with minimal success. You were close AR, it the 2010 I was trying to cover up. ;) :lol:

Yet another lovely coin, can't say that I've seen many shillings of that age cross the forum pages, well done. :)

You really should get something better to photograph with, as the photos really aren't doing these old coins justice. ;)

Cheers S and s, I luv finding goldie's they keep the show on the road. Both site's I hit were straight after events with heaps of activity so I was surprised at the lack of recent drops. Now to go back as I was getting some nice signals and retrieve that 1930 penny I know is there! :eek: ;) :D

Merry Christmas all I hope everyone is having a Cracker of a day. All the very best to all for the new year. In my travels a few days ago I met another fellow traveler at the same camp spot, he was interested about metal detecting. Long story short y-day he bought my MD and PP and I upgraded. After showing him the basics, we had a Christmas hunt this arvo for a couple of hours. The spot I decided on was a site I do in every town and has been good to me, I was hoping he would find a couple of bucks to kick him off, he took to it like a duck to water and quiet surprised me, he got 20 bucks and a 1994 hong kong 10 dollar coin, he was quiet chuffed and I must say so was l. All in all we had a cracker of a day..........
The upgrade
1482662231_img_20161224_142031.jpg
my new detecting buddies finds
1482662369_img_20161225_195139.jpg
my finds
1482662437_img_20161225_195724.jpg
God bless

Nice finds havenacrack!
All I wish for is a spot like yours!

You have a similar upgrade to me...what sort of ground do you normally hunt in?

Aidan.

Thanks fella's, Ktmman the spot is not so secret nearly every town has one, sometimes there better than that other times not so good, it's all about thinking outside the box inside the circle were trapped in! We hardly touched this site that's why we going back this arvo. Thanks Mackka yeah I wish I had someone to show me when I started out, as the 305 was quiet daunting to learn for a complete novice and it wouldn't of sat in my cupboard for 2 years before I had the time to learn it! God bless ;)

Latest posts