Have Your Say on NSW TSR's

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbasko

Matt
Moderating Team
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Minister for Lands & Forestry Paul Toole announced on the 27th April 2017 a comprehensive review of the Travelling Stock Reserve (TSR) network across NSW.

https://www.industry.nsw.gov.au/med...ses/2017-media-releases/have-your-say-on-tsrs
From the above link: "The Government is calling for submissions from stakeholders and interested community members from across the state.

Minister for Primary Industries Niall Blair said the information will feed future decisions about how this land can be best reserved, managed and owned.

We want a comprehensive map of the TSR network in NSW where they are, what they are now used for, who uses them and how often, Mr Blair said.

Having a complete and accurate map across the state will be vital in ensuring the future of TSRs aligns with livestock, production, recreation, Aboriginal, conservation and community priorities."

If you use a TSR in NSW or belong to any recreational groups that do take a look at the submission site & take the time to put something in. If the recreational users don't voice their opinions, concerns or uses of this land then we may get overlooked. TSR's now have a wide variety of recreational uses including fossicking, fishing, camping etc.
More info & submissions here: https://www.nsw.gov.au/improving-nsw/have-your-say/nsw-travelling-stock-reserve-review/

Yes if you have permission of the Local Land Services or other TSR manager. Local Land Services will issue a permit on request. Last time I got one it was free. They more want to know what recreational activities are taking place so they can advise any current or future graziers that use the land that you may be on there. Some activities don't require a permit or permission - unfortunately fossicking isn't one of them on most TSR's.
I believe some TSR's are open to fossicking without individual permission being sought but can have conditions such as no water pumps imposed.
This review could potentially open up more TSR's to fossicking without the need for an individual permit. Good chance to have a voice on the Western areas where a lot of TSR's are covered under Western Land Leases too.
In some areas there is potentially a big chance to get more publicly accessible land opened to fossickers without the red tape?

i believe you can Rod but only with the TSR holders permission and from what have read before is hard to get as they don't like the idea of detectorist leaving holes that cattle can break legs in etc...
i am sure mbasko will know more and chime in soon enough
cheers
Jamie

jamie said:
i believe you can Rod but only with the TSR holders permission and from what have read before is hard to get as they don't like the idea of detectorist leaving holes that cattle can break legs in etc...
i am sure mbasko will know more and chime in soon enough
cheers
Jamie
Yeah if you go in for a permit make sure they know that you know & follow the rules including refilling any holes. Quote the NSW Fossicking Guidelines :Y:

Cheers mate, i commented before your reply was posted, obviously writing at the same time, i knew you would have the right answers that were more direct than mine so cheers again for your input, you are a credit to the prospecting community
cheers
Jamie

If you are a member of any other recreational type forums/Facebook groups with a NSW land interest could you put this up please? (I'm not on Facebook)
The more recreational submissions the better. I know locally that there are several groups using various NSW TSR's for waterways access (swimming, fishing, fossicking); camping; metal detecting; bushwalking/bird watching; picnics & even a model aircraft club to name some.
This doesn't just affect gold prospecting/prospectors!
If we don't have a voice on the recreational uses of these areas then we will be overlooked & may even lose some TSR's if they are deemed to hold no usage value as public land.
Please share it around. :Y:

Latest posts