Has ***** Cracked The Secret To Detecting Gold?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reg Wilson said:
Oh, I get it. False claims are different from exaggerations. And by the way ; the claim was "you can expect 30% extra depth".
I looked at the original ads from August 2016 Reg. (Some are on this forum from discussion at that time).
None of them say "you can expect 30% extra depth".
They all say "Deeper detection (average 30%*) *depending on prevailing conditions.
The original box has AV. 30%* DEEPER.
Bit of smoke & mirrors from Minelab I guess :D Or not....

I wonder under what prevailing conditions can Matt pick up gold from over ~40m away with his "radar". ]:D
Let's see what do we know:
It's got to be buried
It's got to be yellow (rocks can fool it :eek: )
Seems you have to know that you've buried the gold there for the radar to see it
It's a complete scam & works in no provable way under any conditions.

Completely different & no comparison to Minelab claims.
I've seen the GPZ19 pick up gold off a patch the GPZ14 missed. What percentage do you attribute to that? In other cases there was nothing more. So from 0% to ~200%+? An average of 30% deeper isn't so mind boggling, exaggerated or false?
No different to car manufacturers claiming fuel consumption rates which they do under test conditions & would have data to back up. The average driver won't replicate those figures in most cases.
Me thinks Minelab would have data & results (under test conditions) to back themselves on claims?
Me thinks Matt has got jack shite in the way of any proof, test results or ability to verify his "claims". Totally different scenario. :Y:

Edit: P.s. I wasn't a fan of the GPZ19 at all until seeing it in action first hand this winter (might have been the prevailing conditions :) ). Still wouldn't be my first choice coil on the Zed though.

I had to laugh, his offsider picks up one unit and groans likes its heavy, five minutes later he is holding them both and saying how light they are. Hollow boxes would be light, wouldn't they!
I wonder how he reacts when challenged.

mbasko said:
Reg Wilson said:
Oh, I get it. False claims are different from exaggerations. And by the way ; the claim was "you can expect 30% extra depth".
I looked at the original ads from August 2016 Reg. (Some are on this forum from discussion at that time).
None of them say "you can expect 30% extra depth".
They all say "Deeper detection (average 30%*) *depending on prevailing conditions.
The original box has AV. 30%* DEEPER.
Bit of smoke & mirrors from Minelab I guess :D Or not....

I wonder under what prevailing conditions can Matt pick up gold from over ~40m away with his "radar". ]:D
Let's see what do we know:
It's got to be buried
It's got to be yellow (rocks can fool it :eek: )
Seems you have to know that you've buried the gold there for the radar to see it
It's a complete scam & works in no provable way under any conditions.

Completely different & no comparison to Minelab claims.
I've seen the GPZ19 pick up gold off a patch the GPZ14 missed. What percentage do you attribute to that? In other cases there was nothing more. So from 0% to ~200%+? An average of 30% deeper isn't so mind boggling, exaggerated or false?
No different to car manufacturers claiming fuel consumption rates which they do under test conditions & would have data to back up. The average driver won't replicate those figures in most cases.
Me thinks Minelab would have data & results (under test conditions) to back themselves on claims?
Me thinks Matt has got jack shite in the way of any proof, test results or ability to verify his "claims". Totally different scenario. :Y:

Edit: P.s. I wasn't a fan of the GPZ19 at all until seeing it in action first hand this winter (might have been the prevailing conditions :) ). Still wouldn't be my first choice coil on the Zed though.

Well said.

Bulldust is bulldust, but this radar rubbish tops the lot. I've been in this game long enough to take advertising with a grain of salt, and you'd have to be a mug to just loyally swallow what is dished up in a glossy brochure, and expect what was promised, such as "reopening up the goldfields", etc, etc. It's all about selling, and facts don't count. This latest rubbish will suck in some fools. There's one born every minute.

Manpa said:
I had to laugh, his offsider picks up one unit and groans likes its heavy, five minutes later he is holding them both and saying how light they are. Hollow boxes would be light, wouldn't they!
I wonder how he reacts when challenged.

My recent experience is that he will ask you if you are an idiot! and then he swiftly moves to tell you that he is not!

These radars are like those holographic bracelets they had on tv that they sucked a lot of people in with years ago saying they increased your strength , helped with arthritis scientifically proven ect. etc. They were on Sunrise and Today tonight. Lots of school teachers here were wearing them. They were an absolute scam and people fell for it at someting like $60 a shot.
This thing is in the same class.

i agree wishfull the only thing they detect are the poor not so bright people that buy them i do not know if there is any water diviners out there but watching the vid his so called radar acts the same if i use 1 wire when diving as i get closer to the stream the wire moves left or right when in the middle of the stream it will spin in a circle if i hold it above my head it will keep spinning slowly in a circle just like his radar i wonder if he using his skill as a diviner and the copper wire is doing all the work not his pvc antenna maybe i should start selling diving rods ;) $5 for water $50 for gem stones $100 for gold as it works for me but there would be a lot of :mad: people that buy the rods and find that they don't work for them 8.(

Was just watching this latest Radar video. I always wondered how the radar would always stop in the direction he said it would. I noticed when he starts the radar his hand is wrapped around the handle

After it stops and when he turns to face the camera I noticed that his index finger is stretched out and touching the top part of the radar that turns. I'm presuming this is how he gets the radar to stop in the exact position he wants.

He does this two times, on the third attempt his hand stays firm on the handle and the radar does a 360-degree turn.

A real prospecting magician... using sleight of hand to trick the inexperienced or gullible.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6bmkadbXxI[/video]

sand surfer said:
i agree wishfull the only thing they detect are the poor not so bright people that buy them i do not know if there is any water diviners out there but watching the vid his so called radar acts the same if i use 1 wire when diving as i get closer to the stream the wire moves left or right when in the middle of the stream it will spin in a circle if i hold it above my head it will keep spinning slowly in a circle just like his radar i wonder if he using his skill as a diviner and the copper wire is doing all the work not his pvc antenna maybe i should start selling diving rods ;) $5 for water $50 for gem stones $100 for gold as it works for me but there would be a lot of :mad: people that buy the rods and find that they don't work for them 8.(
Ideometer effect at best, same as divining/dowsing, but as seen in his videos (there are many) he is obviously manipulating the "radar" with hand/fingers by stopping it & wrist tilts etc. Nothing divine about it!
Selling things with false claims is fraudulent & he should be charged.
So should anyone else selling bits of wire or sticks claiming they are dowsing or divining rods. Have seen them on eBay too. :rolleyes:

I've seen Matt and his bus a few times in the GT, next time I'll go and say hello,
and ask for a demo of the radar.

With an ounce in my pocket.

Latest posts