Happy Holidays-American style!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AKA_RedRimmed_Desert said:
Rockhunter62 said:
Bogger said:
I don't know of any goldfields where lead isn't abundant, except for places that most of it was removed by metal detecting.

To true but personally find comes a distant second to both boot tacks and horseshoe nails :rolleyes:

I'll have to agree with you there Bogger. :|

Cheers

Doug
Old junk, boot nails, horse shoes or nails...if it's old there could be some gold hiding in there with it. :)

yup

a good sign that the ground hasnt been touched and the junk is masking gold signals.

I must be in different areas to Bogger above , i get 10 lead bullets and 3 brass shell casings to every 3 bits of iron.

HeadsUp said:
Rockhunter62 said:
Bogger said:
I don't know of any goldfields where lead isn't abundant, except for places that most of it was removed by metal detecting.

To true but personally find comes a distant second to both boot tacks and horseshoe nails :rolleyes:

I'll have to agree with you there Bogger. :|

Cheers

Doug
Old junk, boot nails, horse shoes or nails...if it's old there could be some gold hiding in there with it. :)

yup

a good sign that the ground hasnt been touched and the junk is masking gold signals.

I must be in different areas to Bogger above , i get 10 lead bullets and 3 brass shell casings to every 3 bits of iron.
Yeah...sounds just like some places I've been to nugget detecting.

Latest posts