Handle Crevice Pry Tool Gold Prospecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1410925819_a1.png

These are for sale through ebay through the US - see

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Orange-U...LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ed6c55f03&_uhb=1

for $16.56 plus $19.38 postage.

What I thought was, wouldn't it be terribly naughty of someone with a bit of skill took this concept and applied a bit of welding, grinding, cutting and imagination and made one for themselves, say, out of an old steel pipe/water pipe etc, bit of hardened steel scrap etc. It would be terribly bad form - just saying.

hey loamer bunnings has one for about $3 from memory. they are flimsy but cheap i put a pic up at one stage be buggered if i can find it thought. its almost identical accept the whole shaft is pressed flat tube perfect for crevising

$3 - bloody hell. I reckon if this thing was Australianised - that is made of hardened steel and made to last, the design of the end bits look promising. It really looks flimsy though with the plastic handle and all.

G0lddigg@ said:
hey loamer bunnings has one for about $3 from memory. they are flimsy but cheap i put a pic up at one stage be buggered if i can find it thought. its almost identical accept the whole shaft is pressed flat tube perfect for crevising
In what section mate, i'm going there tomorrow.

its an edger mate, has a blade on one side for cutting grass weeds etc and a hook to dig out the gaps between paths etc.

has a nice soft gel handle too :)

G0lddigg@ said:

I picked one up for myself after seeing your post,at $3 a throw I don't think I will give a rats backside if it breaks and adding a bit of that cheap plastic rope through the hole in the handle gives it that "easy to see on the ground" effect without painting the handle orange :)

I had the exact tool... They do a pretty good job but there is a strength issue, I pulled that nice soft handle off on the first trip trying to pull out some jammed pebbles. I was planning to weld it to a stronger bit of bar but they camouflage rather well once the green handle is gone, alas it never made the journey home!!

The tool youve got there is an automotive seal puller, great for getting o rings out. Kinchrome make them they look like this...
1411108072_images-1.jpeg

itd be good if someone with a bit of time and some welding skill could knock one up out of stainless, they could make a side business on here with them.

If there's a market there's a means. I'll pop it on the list next to the fishing rod holders.

Latest posts