Hand tools a Newbie uses.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Backcreek, you have it all sorted then, the winch is an awsome tool you can use, just hope there is gold under the big rocks for you!, I have a full size pick mattock and long handled shovel for leverage, I have misplaced my 8foot crow bar, move anything with that thing..

Good luck out there mate!

Tone

What a lot of good ideas, I hadn't thought of some of these, will have to add some to my equipment for our next trip.

Hi Tone,

Thanks for the heads up
Just had a look at your gear and I reckon if I rummage thro' the shed,
plus pillfer a couple of the wifes gardening tools I would be just about right to go.
Definately adding crevicing gear to the detector for this years trip.
We will be heading off up your way sometime in March.

Cheers

Den & Lin

Any suggestions about a utility belt to carry all this crap? How do you guy's carry this stuff around while detecting???

G'day GMT bandit
I believe these tools are used for crevicing bedrock
In creeks for river gold, not for detecting,
Would break your back lugging that arsenal
Of gear around all day whilst swinging a detector! :p

GMT Bandit said:
Any suggestions about a utility belt to carry all this crap? How do you guy's carry this stuff around while detecting???

they're tools for working crevices in creek beds, gullies and surface leads and is a pretty much static activity - pick a likely spot and work it....

casper

DOH...I knew I was doing something wrong LOL. The problem I've got is all the tools I'm carrying when detecting.
Any suggestions for a utility belt that will hold all my stuff?

From memory, there is someone on here who designs and makes up utility belts and does a great job of it from what I've seen on here. Perhaps someone would know who that is :D

G'day

I use these alot while crevicing. Great for the small, tight areas. Got them off Ebay a couple of years ago for under $20

1391625097_crevice_tools.jpg

Cheers

Chimpy

1391634706_image.jpg

This is my general kit, army shovel modified and folds into a pick or large crevice tool, small jimmy bar can be hit on the end as a chisel, all product goes though rotapan. Iv tried to keep things simple and all fits into 25L bucket
If things get serious I get the wet suit from the car and snipe.

gavfromoz said:
From memory, there is someone on here who designs and makes up utility belts and does a great job of it from what I've seen on here. Perhaps someone would know who that is :D

G day Gav

belts are good for small items, I have used these for years, you can get through amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Occidental-Leather-5055-Stronghold-Suspension/dp/B00002251M

Try these guys for standard geoscience tool holsters, they post to Australia. These guys are the god fathers of geoscience leather,

http://www.gfeller.us

For more custom stuff, Ron at Outback Whips and Leather in Argent st Broken Hill, I send him the item with sketch of how I think I would like it, and how I want to attach it, he does a great spectacular job, for a very reasonable price in leather, had everything from holsters to GPS cases, sat phone cases, even notebook carriers. Can post a few pictures of his work if you like, stuff he has done for me, stands up to it, bit of leather dressing once or twice a year, comes back like brand new.

John

Thanks guys for that info. It was GMT Bandit that was searching for someone to knock up a utility belt for his goodies but I'll keep the info in mind as well, could need one in the future :D

Latest posts