great to be here

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys.
New 33yo member here from central coast but im up at mid nth coast regularly..done a bit of panning round bathurst as a kid and in vic for some cash n fun.... dads old school Ballarat mining stock from way back.. after working way too hard and finding myself with some free time ive decided to have a more serious crack at this gold caper. . Considering that I have been reading so much stuff on this forum in the last year i figured itd be a great place to join finally and get to know you guys.looking at alluvial to stack some dollars for a mine lab . i figure with the available info,like minded individuals,strong arms and legs,hard work and determination there is serious fun and money to be made... thanks for all your advice and tips already ...dont mind catching a trout or a bass either. . or anything else

Welcome madfisher, dunno about serious money (unless you're spending it on detectors), but there is serious fun to be had. :lol:

The golds still there if you walk. Or paddle.. Haha not wrong about serious money for detectors though.. Still a lot of guys on here have paid for them a long time ago.. I'll stick with the pick n shovel for the meantime..... Then try loam like the old boy taught me

By the way thanks so much for all the info.some of the plans and videos you guys have put up are amazing..I've showed the old boy a few things he was really interested in.. Modern innovation meets old school geology.. Hahaha I never would've taken my yabby pump in the fresh before

Gday n welcome madfisher :) I think there's still another electronic bend to happen with prospecting..don't know when though..

Show us a traditional loaming vid if you ever get the chance, would love to see it

Latest posts