Gpz gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome UTBN, fantastic information keep it coming, I am actually heading to WA June-Aug and will lap up any experience of others like yourself to make my trip more enjoyable and rewarding. Love the pictures really puts a shiver thru the spine ;). I have actually just upgraded from my 4500 to a 7K so I hope I get in enough experience before heading West. As mentioned it would be great if you could upload some Videos of digging different types of targets and the settings you are running at the time.

All the best for 2016.

Rgds tryhard

Natures Botanical Cream / Lotion ......
Is like Pecks Paste a LITTLE bit goes a long way....
Have been useing it for a couple of years it works well.......

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

tryhard1968 said:
Welcome UTBN, fantastic information keep it coming, I am actually heading to WA June-Aug and will lap up any experience of others like yourself to make my trip more enjoyable and rewarding. Love the pictures really puts a shiver thru the spine ;). I have actually just upgraded from my 4500 to a 7K so I hope I get in enough experience before heading West. As mentioned it would be great if you could upload some Videos of digging different types of targets and the settings you are running at the time.

All the best for 2016.

Rgds tryhard
No probs will try get something up in next couple months. If you're heading to eastern goldfields mostly hy/diff with high sens is way to go. Some areas in northern goldfields you can run hy/normal with high sens and places like Nullagine on the flat ground hy/diff as it gets a bit noisy. But surprisingly when you enter the creek systems there, run hy/normal with 20 sens and it will still sound quiet.
Just get your swinging right, with the coil perfectly flat to ground and go slow.

Whenever you do encounter noisy ground try pumping coil up n down on the spot without quick track button depressed and slowly swing or steer zed through it as best as you can.
If the ground doesn't improve then reduce sensitivity, pump coil and try to get thru it.

You may also try to go into gen/diff but must give zed a couple minutes to settle down whilst detecting and that will help get it a bit more stable. Adjust sens to suit as well.
Make sure you've got zed set up right to whatever harness you use so its well balanced and it will give you good control whilst swinging.

If there's gold around you'll nail it. Especially enjoy it when its quite clear there are holes or scrapes about from other detectors but you're still pinging gold.
And lastly don't believe the negativity about zed. When you master it you will do well.

mbasko said:
Have you done the software update? I thought a lot of those types of issues stopped after the update but I've only used an updated one so can't compare to the previous software.
The only other signals I've got at the base of trees turned out to be metal of some sort - more often than not bastard bird shot which is a bugger to find with the 14" coil. Initially I thought some were false signals again but got small junk targets. Haven't had it false on roots since that first day & it happened within the first hour or so? I had put it down to a bad balance on my part.
Did the software update. I'm not a professional and live 3 hours from the gold feels so I don't get out much. Definatley not targets. Seems to be the wet solid timber as it doesn't do it on all trees. Weird.

Utbn said:
mbasko said:
Happened to me first trip. The tree roots were very close to the surface & very moist when I had it. Hasn't happened on any others yet? Maybe my ground balance wasn't that good either on my maiden voyage.
I haven't owned a gold detector, including non Minelab brands, that I haven't dug some sort of false ground or other signal with. Comes with the territory I think?
Mate last year I recovered many thousands worth of target retrievals. Both trash and gold. There were still plenty times where I'd get a pretty good response that sounded deep but would be a false target. On those particular targets I'd just dig 6 in or so, if response improved great, if reduced response, I'd fill in the scrape and move on.
This year I'll try video a small target retrieval to whack up here as it may be handy for some who struggle. You should be able to get the target with in a min or so.
I did dig but found the roots. A few time dug under but the signal doesn't get bigger. A few have been in the tree as they are a big tree. All good. Thanks for the great tips. Don't get out much but when I do I love it. Being out doors.
Finding gold is just a bonus.
Will try that creme stuff. Bushman is bad. Once had some on a leather seat of a car and it wrecked it. Imaging what it does to your own skin. Bad chemicals. ;)

Mate not wrong about bushmans, I think I mentioned the chemical burns I got to the face from it.

I'm off tomorrow so good luck to everyone for 2016. Just in regards to the bits I got last year. I worked 10 to 16 hour days, everyday. By season end I was pretty spent. My left hand was in bad nick but feet far worse. Zed owners I swear you've got a very good detector but that is just one part of it.
If golds there well you'll get it.

Last year I worked the hardest I've ever done and to be honest I'd never want to do that again. Two things got me the gold, zed and a pretty big work ethic.
Anyway I'm outta here for now and will put up a few posts from time to time for those interested. Good luck

Can, t speak for everyone else, but I am interested, look forward to your posts, thanks mate.

For the record, I was a fishing guide in the NT for 5 years, I took the owner of bushmans fishing, and used bushmans, rid, aerogaurd and some home made conconctions. Some work better than others, none work 100%.
I used to feel as though my skin was very hot when I used bushmans, but the reason I stuck with it, is I didnt sweat it off as bad as other brands.
I actually prefer tropic strength rid over all of them.
When I was in the army, we were issued with this stuff like oil in a green bottle, it melted plastic. I remember speaking on a radio once, and when I finished, the ear piece had actually melted to my ear in long stringy , spider web like strands as I pulled it away from my ear. Bushmans is similar.

Utbn said:
Mate not wrong about bushmans, I think I mentioned the chemical burns I got to the face from it.

I'm off tomorrow so good luck to everyone for 2016. Just in regards to the bits I got last year. I worked 10 to 16 hour days, everyday. By season end I was pretty spent. My left hand was in bad nick but feet far worse. Zed owners I swear you've got a very good detector but that is just one part of it.
If golds there well you'll get it.

Last year I worked the hardest I've ever done and to be honest I'd never want to do that again. Two things got me the gold, zed and a pretty big work ethic.
Anyway I'm outta here for now and will put up a few posts from time to time for those interested. Good luck

I can attest to Jase's work ethic, i spent some time with him last year and he work's harder than anyone i have ever seen before, he came back to camp late one day and said he got onto a small run of gold, the plan was to go back the next day and keep working the area, i asked how far away it was and he said 3-4k's as the crow fly's, well this was in the Pilbara and none of the flat track bully stuff up here you see down south, it's tough going, spinifex tells you wear to walk, creeks are just a battle to get to let alone contending with huge banks either side, then you have hills to contend with, you either try and go around them or straight over them, much of a muchness, either way it's not fun and the 3-4k's you can forget about.

So we eventually got there and then we had to detect for the day, i wished i had a fitbit or something similar back then, there is only so much water you can carry and you have to be real careful to leave yourself something for the trip back.

I remember one day we were moving camp and he called over the radio he had walked up to this point on one of the previous days and i just shook my head and had no reason to doubt him because walking up to 7k's away from camp was nothing unusual for him.

I am reasonably fit but he left me for dead :(

Good luck this year Jase. Thanks for sharing your "work" with us. We appreciate your effort and openness. Stay safe and hopefully you'll drag ounce nuggets each time so you don't have to work as hard :) Cheers Rick

Wow what a haul,long time to be out bush but i guess the rewards speak for themselves well done on all that yellow.

Jase. Thanks heaps mate for the ounces of info you have been kind enough to share. Hope you pull in a mother load again this year. Well done for your hard work.

Latest posts