Gpz gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Jase

Thanks for sharing and letting out your total. That is a nice amount to find for sure. I am certainly envious of you being out there for so long, it is mesmerizing and I miss being out there daily. Look forward to seeing more of your successes. Well done mate.

G'day! Jase,
Welcome to the forum...
What an enterance lol.....
Heard on the grape vine you had a good year ...
Thanks for sharing ....
Those pic's help keep the dream alive ....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Cheers Westaus and Nanjim.yeah it wasnt too bad season last year. Lot of bloody holes ha. I tied whacking up more pics yesterday but for some reason they didn't come up. I'll try again

Gday Bigwave, the heat is unavoidable and is terrible out there if camping but flies aren't a prob when using natures botanical crme everyday. Its the best repellent.
I don't mind the cold myself as I get to prospect longer. Generally during the cold season in the West there's not too many rain days and mostly dry conditions. When there is rain I use it as rest days.

I get the vehicle checked out thoroughly prior to season starting and its rare to have probs. The only occassion i was stuck due to mechanical breakdown resulted in me being there for 6 days. I was in mobile range and after ordering parts simply waited and continued to prospect in meantime.

I've never been bogged during the season as I do not drive vehicle if ground is soaked.
On 2 occasions my vehicle whilst at camp sunk down to its guts after heavy rain. I was forced to stay put until ground dried and was able to drive out no probs.

People have to expect to encounter problems and should have plans in place. Things do go wrong out there. Don't take unnecessary risks, gold isn't worth rolling your car over, getting lost etc.

Thanks for your great response Jase. Gawd you really work hard for it. We have it very easy in comparison in the GT. Please tell more about "nature's botanical crme". I use Bushmans - normally pretty good, but it's not much better than molasses when it comes to those bitch flys.
Also, please keep some pics of your species before melting (I don't half ask too much do I 8) ). Little gods they are and they're often of more valuable to collectors (particularly with quartz not ironstone/laterite) than pure gold.
I'm sure half this forum is looking forward to seeing your next bucket full :p

No need re the crme. Was easy to look up on the internet. Thanks for the tip tho - looks great - I'll get a truck load on it's way.
I'm guessing you also use massive solar panels to keep the camp running - that's one resource your area has in abundance. Would be good if you could rig up some form of evaporative cooling, but stupid idea - if no water 8).
PS: You will have had many troll viewers since you joined. These can be nasties! Use no names or pictures of your car/rig unless in the Members Only sections of this forum (and even then). It seems that many posters to this forum (ask AtomRat and Hunting The Yellow for example) have been stalked by these leeches using this forum for info. Go get'em young lad!

No need to thank me jarrah, UTBN done it all & shared.
I find that by just using the chest piece on my normal harness + tying up the bungy as shown on the handle it makes it a lot better. I've only done a couple of day trips though so for longer I'd definitely look at setting the proswing up (still new in the box) as shown so I had it if needed.

Happened to me first trip. The tree roots were very close to the surface & very moist when I had it. Hasn't happened on any others yet? Maybe my ground balance wasn't that good either on my maiden voyage.
I haven't owned a gold detector, including non Minelab brands, that I haven't dug some sort of false ground or other signal with. Comes with the territory I think?

mbasko said:
Happened to me first trip. The tree roots were very close to the surface & very moist when I had it. Hasn't happened on any others yet? Maybe my ground balance wasn't that good either on my maiden voyage.
I haven't owned a gold detector, including non Minelab brands, that I haven't dug some sort of false ground or other signal with. Comes with the territory I think?

I get it all the time. Even at the base of a tree when you think its a target. Never is though.

Have you done the software update? I thought a lot of those types of issues stopped after the update but I've only used an updated one so can't compare to the previous software.
The only other signals I've got at the base of trees turned out to be metal of some sort - more often than not bastard bird shot which is a bugger to find with the 14" coil. Initially I thought some were false signals again but got small junk targets. Haven't had it false on roots since that first day & it happened within the first hour or so? I had put it down to a bad balance on my part.

BigWave said:
No need re the crme. Was easy to look up on the internet. Thanks for the tip tho - looks great - I'll get a truck load on it's way.
I'm guessing you also use massive solar panels to keep the camp running - that's one resource your area has in abundance. Would be good if you could rig up some form of evaporative cooling, but stupid idea - if no water 8).
PS: You will have had many troll viewers since you joined. These can be nasties! Use no names or pictures of your car/rig unless in the Members Only sections of this forum (and even then). It seems that many posters to this forum (ask AtomRat and Hunting The Yellow for example) have been stalked by these leeches using this forum for info. Go get'em young lad!
Gday Bigwave, yeah the NBC is way to go I reckon. I used to use bushman's extra deet but got Chem burns to the face with prolonged use.
Recently I upgraded the gear in the vehicle and now run a dual battery system in the back that powers a fridge and freezer and whatever else i need to charge. Whacked 200 watt panel on roof but can use the cars alternator to throw charge in too if needed. Got 140 LTS water capacitity too now so that should be plenty. I'm now self sufficient for up to 6 weeks.

Yeah I've had my fair share of leeches over the years and do not tolerate it at all. I don't need the dramas and go way better out there on my own. I prefer it that way. Every season I have attempts made by people to locate areas I get gold from and its a joke. I always reckon the best gold to get is your own. Its not my business what others do and what I do is my business.
I don't mind trying to help people use detectors better but that's where the help ends. As experience has proven to me there's a lot of scum around that will rip you off. I've had my camp ripped off once and they got a lot of monies worth of gear. I would love to name and shame some individuals believe me but won't here at all.

I'm aware also that people get very jealous over gold as I've even had hate mail via Facebook messages. To be honest I enjoyed those ;)

mbasko said:
Mate last year I recovered many thousands worth of target retrievals. Both trash and gold. There were still plenty times where I'd get a pretty good response that sounded deep but would be a false target. On those particular targets I'd just dig 6 in or so, if response improved great, if reduced response, I'd fill in the scrape and move on.
This year I'll try video a small target retrieval to whack up here as it may be handy for some who struggle. You should be able to get the target with in a min or so.

Utbn said:
BigWave said:
No need re the crme. Was easy to look up on the internet. Thanks for the tip tho - looks great -
Gday Bigwave, yeah the NBC is way to go I reckon. I used to use bushman's extra deet but got Chem burns to the face with prolonged use.

Thanks for the tip on the natures botanical crme, good to see you get away from the deet, this is nasty stuff if used for long periods. Pretty pricey stuff (just found link for cheaper) but if you reckon it works then that is good enough for me. Those flies are the WORST thing about being out there. Most of the time we are fully in nets because of the irritation. Having to lift the fly net to get a bite, swipe away the flies from your food, pull down net... arrrggg they drove me mad. We ended up just drinking water straight through the fly net haha.

Just noticed Reeds have the repellent and at a pretty good price by the looks of it as well for those playing at home.

https://www.reedsprospecting.com.au/shop/detail/all-natural-insect-roll-on/

https://www.reedsprospecting.com.au/shop/detail/all-natural-insect-repellent/

Make sure you get the creme its the best, the spray and roller versions dont work as well. I love the 'horse bum fly creme' its bloody great stuff or NBC as you blokes call it. :p

Latest posts