Gpz gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday Jase here and brand new to this forum. Thought I'd share some pics of last years finds with the 7000. A detector that I like to use to say the least. Its a very good detector once you get the hang of it despite the negativity you do hear about it. Hopefully pics come up.
1457754593_fb_img_1457753952789.jpg

1457754593_fb_img_1457753863333.jpg

1457754593_fb_img_1457753793369.jpg

1457754593_fb_img_1457753827652.jpg

1457754593_fb_img_1457753806956.jpg

No probs Mbasko glad it helped a few people. Yeah it was and is a weighty detector if not set up right. Look forward to the new coil coming out very soon.

Ditto re the harness Jase, Mrs Redfin can swing the 7k all day.
What was last years count?
Did you get to 5,000 pieces?

Gday redfin, nah I bloody fell short mate. 4100 bits. I was pretty burnt out in the end. But gave it a good crack. I think it was close to 10 months straight detecting to get it. Good to hear harness helped the missus too.

Like a bowl of Golden nuggets for breakfast !
Great photos Utbn.
keep to anonimity after those beauties got shown ! :D

Nice collection of nuggets well done.

Can i be rude and ask what your favourite settings are for your location?
Im still experimenting with mine but you seem to have yours dialled in pretty good.

LC76 said:
Nice collection of nuggets well done.

Can i be rude and ask what your favourite settings are for your location?
Im still experimenting with mine but you seem to have yours dialled in pretty good.
I'm just heading to a lease for few hours but will message later mate

That is awesome work, and thanks for sharing the results. It is obviously a full time hobby/job for you being 10months detecting. It certainly does not look like this is your first crack at doing it.

If I may ask a couple of questions, to which I hope are not too intrusive.

What State did you work
Was it a live tenement area
Approx final oz tally

Why I ask is that I go out in the WA bush when I get a chance(not much atm), but because it is so random we do not go to live tenement areas, we just work pending or old tenements that have expired. I often wonder if we would be better to get the right docs and go onto the live tenements?

It looks like your reward was good and just curious if it provided a good income or a great income? Hence the approx tally.

Hope that is ok and thanks for sharing and showing what hard work can bring, providing the other factors are working for you also.

Thanks mate

Westaus

P.S Welcome aboard as well :)

Wow Jase,
You're blowing us all away! In the GT we think were doing well with eve a couple of g from a full weekend. Your finds certainly put that in perspective! Hope you only smelted flour gold tho.

Bit surprised at getting comments to be honest. I must be used to the other forum lol. I'll answer whatever's been asked best as I can.
Lc76, mostly I used hy/diff with sensitivity maxed out,
On occasions id drop sensitivity down due to the ground being a pain. I never used audio smoothing and always ran zed in auto GB.
On occasions I did run hy or gen in normal ground type when ground would allow it and it was a very powerful combo.
I also never really bothered using the ferrite either. Zed would run with a bit of noise but to me it was no big deal as targets were easily identifiable.
So basically I'd push zed as hard as I could with whatever settings that suited the ground.
Anything else you wanna know just ask.

Westaus said:
That is awesome work, and thanks for sharing the results. It is obviously a full time hobby/job for you being 10months detecting. It certainly does not look like this is your first crack at doing it.

If I may ask a couple of questions, to which I hope are not too intrusive.

What State did you work
Was it a live tenement area
Approx final oz tally

Why I ask is that I go out in the WA bush when I get a chance(not much atm), but because it is so random we do not go to live tenement areas, we just work pending or old tenements that have expired. I often wonder if we would be better to get the right docs and go onto the live tenements?

It looks like your reward was good and just curious if it provided a good income or a great income? Hence the approx tally.

Hope that is ok and thanks for sharing and showing what hard work can bring, providing the other factors are working for you also.

Thanks mate

Westaus

P.S Welcome aboard as well :)
Gday westaus thanks for the welcome. I'm west oz too so all gold was from WA. I work e.ls , prospecting leases with permission, also m.l's with permission. Pretty much whatever I can get on to. Last years plan revolved around zeds ability and reworked all old spots. I ran outta time in the end.
In the past I've been hesitant to reveal weights its just a private thing for me but ah well it was around 63 Oz's I think I've worked out. That includes the gold I got with the 5k prior to zeds release. Ha can't believe I revealed the weights ha

BigWave said:
Wow Jase,
You're blowing us all away! In the GT we think were doing well with eve a couple of g from a full weekend. Your finds certainly put that in perspective! Hope you only smelted flour gold tho.
Haha mate I had to work very hard for it but. Nah those little bars were from all specimens. There were 4 bars but pic only showed 3. Got 6 Oz's for the bars. I got more pics but can only upload 5 at a time I think

PhaseTech said:
Welcome to this forum Jase!

Bet you're looking forward to a bumper year this year too.

Nenad
Thanks for the welcome Nenad and glad to be on here. Good forum.
Mate cannot wait to get out there again particularly with the big coil. I'll be starting next week and see how this year transpires.

Westaus I forgot to add that doing it full time is very very difficult. The hardest thing I've done. But hey its pretty good fun. Some days nothing then next several grand. Couldn't think of doing anything else now.

Redfin said:
Ditto re the harness Jase, Mrs Redfin can swing the 7k all day.
What was last years count?
Did you get to 5,000 pieces?

Where can I see the harness set up please as mine is killing me.

Latest posts