GPX6000 Earphones

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moneybox

Philip & Sandra Box
Reaction score
I've lost my GPX6000 wireless earphones. I think I could have taken them off in Halls Creek a couple of months back because I've searched everywhere here and they haven't turned up. I didn't like them anyway because as soon as there was a breeze the wind noise on them meant that I had to pull a hat over them to hear anything.

I purchased after market replacements but with the way Australia Post is I might not get them before the next prospecting season. Yesterday I headed north to find some more fish for the pond and while I was there I wanted to have a swing so I packed the Equinox 800 earphones. They worked very nicely on the 6000 but it was a nice quiet evening so I don't know how they'll work in the wind but they do fit quite snuggly.

Harald Hardrada said:

I went for the waterproof ones....hopefully they'll do the job.

1642934345_neckband.jpg

Do the neckband speakers flop around when you are bending over/kneeling on the ground, trying to find a signal?

PeterInSa said:
Do the neckband speakers flop around when you are bending over/kneeling on the ground, trying to find a signal?

I don't use them but they don't seem to bother her, she has bad hearing in one ear and prefers these to the supplied headphones.
Personally i just rely on the inbuilt speaker.

PeterInSa said:
I've been using them lately in speaker mode and haven't noticed and flopping around even when using the pick, I actually forget they are there and usually forget to take them off when finish detecting for the day as they are very comfortable to wear.

Hi Re (They don't support aptx low latency so you might get some noticeable lag?)

The HH version above says (Avantree Wearable Wireless Speaker, Bluetooth 5.0, Aptx HD, Low Latency, Persona) So maybe the HH units do support, but you could be referring to the moneybox purchase.

They are very good but do have a latency factor, also shows up more if you swing the coil faster. The only problem I found with them was the introduction of a huge Bluetooth field next to the coil when you knelt down to locate a target with the scoop across the coil. The EMI at times was a problem not sure if it would change if you were left hand as opposed to right hand. Means I have worked out what side the Receiver is on the unit.

Yeah very true deepblue I also get the interference when locating the target in the scoop, I'm right handed so I'm on the left side of the coil when knelt down, I find I have to turn my body slightly more left and it fixes the problem, the other way to avoid the interference would be to put a small pvc extension on the scoop handle so you don't need to get so close to the coil which you head.
In the cooler weather I prefer the standard wireless headphones but in the hot weather I really like the Avantree low latency neck speaker for comfort and feel it's positives far outweigh any negatives, I've not noticed any latency lag at all while using them yet but my swing speed may be slower than other peoples.

PeterInSa said:
Hi Re (They don't support aptx low latency so you might get some noticeable lag?)

The HH version above says (Avantree Wearable Wireless Speaker, Bluetooth 5.0, Aptx HD, Low Latency, Persona) So maybe the HH units do support, but you could be referring to the moneybox purchase.
Yes referring to those Moneybox purchased the Oraola M110's.
The Avantree ones do support aptx low latency but unfortunately have no dust/water IP rating protection. In saying that I'm yet to see of any failing & know that there is quite a few 6000's users using them here & in the USA. :Y:

PeterInSa said:
Are these the real thing or a Chinese Knock Off for $149(Au) and Free delivery:

https://www.amazon.com.au/Avantree-...ractable/dp/B07Y56W9XQ/ref=asc_df_B07Y56W9XQ/
Sold by Avantree Direct AU (on Amazon) so would be genuine. I've purchased from them before :Y:
If too concerned you can buy them for the same price directly from the Avantree site: https://avantree.com/au/torus-nb05-bluetooth-wearable-speaker
Or AV Australia for $129.95 + shipping
https://avaustralia.com.au/avantree-nb05-bluetooth-5-aptx-hd-wearable-speaker-w-retractable-earbuds/

Re (Sold by Avantree Direct AU (on Amazon) so would be genuine)

My experience:( Maybe help you if you purchase the same unit)
Purchased a set from Amazon with Free Delivery, was automatically charged extra $ to make it a $155 purchase with express delivery, from another organisation other than avantree direct.

Filled out the Rego form with copy of purchase receipt that mentioned the other Org to get the 2 year warranty. Received an email back saying it could be a counterfeit copy since it was not purchased from avantree ( items purchased from avantree automatically come with a 2 year warranty) and I should contact Amazon, this, after 2 or 3 email exchanges.

Probably was annoyed as after the effort of putting in the rego and receipt scanning for warranty and the statement on the warranty form that filling in the Rego I would get the 2 year cover, then because Amazon palmed me offer to another supplier I may have had no warranty at all.

Anyway followed up Amazon who forwarded my email to avantree not the company that suppled the item I now have 2 years warranty on this item.

Note we have had numerous detectors over the years with No warranty issues, so expect this outcome to continue with the avantree unit on our/her 6000.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Avantree-...ractable/dp/B07Y56W9XQ/ref=asc_df_B07Y56W9XQ/

Thanks for the tip Peter, I might get one to try, I'm sick of sweating like a dog with my broad brimmed hat folded over as well. I guess there would be days when the wind or wind in the trees would make my headphones more desirable but it would be nice to have them on a good day so I can hear the dingo's and Bunyips sneaking up behind me !
cheers Johno
( from Victor Harbor :D )

Latest posts