Gpx 6000 compared to gpx 4500 depth on bigger nuggets

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love these conversations and I am old enough to remember homemade detectors and the same applies today and every day, if you don’t walk over it, you don’t find it.
I await the day when a company invents an economically priced tector that will suit shallow, deep , beach and park . Dream on MacDuff

Until recently I owned both the 6000 & the 4500. I only sold the 6000 to fund my house renovations & ready myself for our move to Ballarat.

I love both of the detectors. The 6000 was so crisp & clear on most of the patches I frequented. The 4500 was mostly a backup machine for if something went wrong with the 6000, or for the ground that made the 6000 squeal. So for me it is horses for courses. Being closer to the GT, I expect to spend a lot more time on the ground & go back over areas where the 6000 was kind to me to see if the 4500 finds anything extra & give my detectors the workouts they deserve.

As with all machines, tweak the settings to what works for you. Like DALEO8, I ran my 6000 low & let the noise cancelling headphones do their job. Amazing how things sound so much clearer.

Post moving I might get another 6000 & pair it up with an aftermarket coil, if the real estate gods are kind enough to me!
I will put my 2 cents in here I went back to a patch that I had done with a 2200d with a 4500 and by 2 pm had only 3 little bits and on the walk home tried another area but didn't think would be good as I thought the gold might be to deep but in 2 days got 18 nuggets for 24 grams many years later I managed to get permission to go and detect the same patches ,on the first patch over 100 nuggets and pickers using the 6000 with standard 11'' coil and about 25 from other patch all up 156 in 4 and a half days about 2 months ago ,Bought a Coiltek 14x9 coil and went back about a month ago and in one hole got 7 nuggets with the minelab 11inch coil and I didn't think was any more but with the new Coiltek heard a clear signal in the same hole and out popped a bigger and deeper nugget that was missed with the 11'' all up picked up 54 that trip most were smaller than what I got with the 11'' over 40 grams .the new Coiltek coil is not coming off unless a bigger coil goes on . If anyone is interested I do have a video up on the first holiday using the 11'' I have not edited the later video yet cheers Glenno

I will put my 2 cents in here I went back to a patch that I had done with a 2200d with a 4500 and by 2 pm had only 3 little bits and on the walk home tried another area but didn't think would be good as I thought the gold might be to deep but in 2 days got 18 nuggets for 24 grams many years later I managed to get permission to go and detect the same patches ,on the first patch over 100 nuggets and pickers using the 6000 with standard 11'' coil and about 25 from other patch all up 156 in 4 and a half days about 2 months ago ,Bought a Coiltek 14x9 coil and went back about a month ago and in one hole got 7 nuggets with the minelab 11inch coil and I didn't think was any more but with the new Coiltek heard a clear signal in the same hole and out popped a bigger and deeper nugget that was missed with the 11'' all up picked up 54 that trip most were smaller than what I got with the 11'' over 40 grams .the new Coiltek coil is not coming off unless a bigger coil goes on . If anyone is interested I do have a video up on the first holiday using the 11'' I have not edited the later video yet cheers Glenno
Glenno, thank you for that report. If I understood you correctly, the 6000’s GPX 11” got gold the 4500 missed, then the 6000 with Coiltek Goldhawk 14x9 got gold the GPX 11” missed.
~I tried to looked up your video(s) on YouTube under both glenno11 and also Glenno but no luck in the search.? Can you please give us more information on where and how to look up your video(s).?

Glenno, thank you for that report. If I understood you correctly, the 6000’s GPX 11” got gold the 4500 missed, then the 6000 with Coiltek Goldhawk 14x9 got gold the GPX 11” missed.
~I tried to looked up your video(s) on YouTube under both glenno11 and also Glenno but no luck in the search.? Can you please give us more information on where and how to look up your video(s).?
Get down and Dirty prospecting

I love my GPX4500 and it's found the majority of our gold. Since the repetitive problems with the GPX6000 I've been sure to pack the 4500 before each outing but the new detector is just so convenient to grab and go that to 4500 doesn't get a fair swing anymore. It shows in my results as well, lots of tiny bits from the GPX6000 but very little weight compared to previous outings with the GPX4500.

I love my GPX4500 and it's found the majority of our gold. Since the repetitive problems with the GPX6000 I've been sure to pack the 4500 before each outing but the new detector is just so convenient to grab and go that to 4500 doesn't get a fair swing anymore. It shows in my results as well, lots of tiny bits from the GPX6000 but very little weight compared to previous outings with the GPX4500.
Sell the 6000 & go back to the 4500? Why keep going with it & complaining about it? 🤷‍♂️

Don’t own either machines, but I held I think was a 3 oncer that Phil found at deep depth thinking that’s pretty impressive for an older machine.
Ty

I am older and also a big, big beer fan, it settles my stomach and makes me feel that I can live again (a life saver). I add a little bit of bottled organic pure 100% “Lime juice”, not from concentrate, to my lager beer, having one now, acquired taste and sits very well with me. The odd time I add a bit of vodka and/or clamato juice to my daily beer. Yes I drink plain beer too, just like mix it up for variety, cheers!
Legend! Is clamato a typo? Oh BTW I use a 6k with a 17" exclusively (i also scrape with a mini digger) Got a 27.5 today and a .1 next to it with the 17" so it works well and yes deep also, up to 400mm in cemented caprock for 1 - 40 grammers, noisy? depends on the ground, but when you learn what its saying you will go far and I run it red hot! Never did too well with the 4500 on the same patches, generally used the 15" or 12x8 evos, have never paid for the 4500 but he 6k has done over 20oz so far. My SDC paid for itself in a few months one at 44g and cleaning up 4500 areas.

Sell the 6000 & go back to the 4500? Why keep going with it & complaining about it? 🤷‍♂️

Because as I said it's convenient. It's light weight and quick and easy to grab and go, no strings attached. The onboard speaker is good if you don't want to use the wireless earphones and if there's gold around you'll come home with something. That's all good if it keeps going long enough to get the job done.

Latest posts