GPX 4500

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I haven't been prospecting for about 6 years but I still have my trusty gpx 4500 of which I had great results with but I'm wondering with all the new technology and interest in prospecting would I still be still in the game and are many still using the 4500? I'm not planning on hitting the road to WA until next year but I thought I'd start researching now.
Cheers

G'day Happy daze welcome to PA, there's heaps of people using the 4500 and having one keeps you in the game, definitely. I haven't used one nor been to WA I'm sure you will have a few more replies to read through soon that will boost your confidence :beer:

Edit: Forgot to add use the search icon top left :Y: obviously 4500 is your search word, you will find every thread and post regarding the 45's.

Cheers fellas
At this stage I'll probably stick with my 4500 but might get an sdc 2300 to take as well, as I've heard good things. Not sure if my battery for the 45 is still good or not, so have a few things to weigh up. The 45 with a 14 inch nugget finder sure was a good combo. Would anyone recommend a different coil for the 45 so I can get a bit of extra depth for some of the bigger ones?

G'day Happy daze, And welcome to PA.
I highly recommend the coiltek 14'' elite or the 15'' nugget finder evo.
I've done really well with both of them..
Good luck mate..

Latest posts