GP Extreme Ground Balance Button-How to guide.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one that mbasko put a link to is the same from memory I think I removed some shielding just enough to clear the head phone jack and i just counter sunk it a little so it could be tightened up .I put the jack to one side not in between the switch's ,there are pictures on other forums just have a look around before you start but it well worth the effort regards john :)

Well thats done, just need to take it out tomorrow and see if i can find some of the elusive yellow stuff.....

Well i got the button sorted. I cost less then $10. Took it out on the weekend and found some stuff. No gold unfortunately but the ground balance button worked a treat.
thanks for all the help.

No mate, all its doing is making a connection, so when the button is pressed it will be tracking, and when released it will be in fixed.

Hope this helps.
Paul

Yes, the original switch does the same as the push button switch, if you have a multimeter, put it on the original switch and move it to and from tracking, then do the same on the push button switch, pressed in = tracking, out = fixed.

If you are doing it the same as I did, keep the original switch incase you sell it, as it can be reinstalled back to original.
cheers,
Paul

Latest posts