GP 3500

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Red what size coils do you intend to use and what type DD or mono do you run in fixed or tracking and what state do you detect in regards john :)

Hi John,

I run the machine in Fixed mostly always...

Coils I use for deep ground/nugget searching are Coiltek 350 DD Pro, 450 DD Pro, Nugget Finder 24" Eliptical Mono.

Other Coils I have are Minelab - 8" & 11" Mono & 11 DD Coiltek - 10x5 Mono, 10x5 DD, Mini Ufo...

I've been prospecting around Gympie, Rocky, Clermont & Gladstone...

I'm heading to WA first time in April, May... & just seeking advise from some old hands....

Regards,

Reddogg...

OK the 3500 are a good detector just work slow and concentrate
Running in fixed is good and just use the green button to ground balance
I think I would be using the 24x12 nugget finder in WA you can detect a good amount of ground with them and the depth is about the same as a 18 round, depends on the area to what coil to run .
try SOIL NORMAL
BOOST NORMAL OR BEEP the detector must be quiet and stable
SIGNAL 5 TO 6 OCLOCK
TONE TO SUITE YOUR SELF
VOLUME BETWEEN 1/2 AND FULL
GB FIXED
TRACK SPEED MED OR SLOW BUT I THINK MED WILL BE THE BEST AS SLOW IS TO SLOW
COIL DD
I did use a booster with head phones I found that good but everyone is different some people like speakers what ever you are most comfortable with .Give the 8 and 11 monos a go both are good coils

With the tune knob one end is 0 and the other end is high the same as 4000 4500 and 5000
from memory it is mentioned in the manual one end will be better on deep targets
Have a great trip to WA just take your time detecting regards john :)

Cheers John Greatly appreciated....

I'll check the manual for that tuning setting... & yeah I run a booster & headphones as well can't stand the speaker....

Thanks again mate

Latest posts