google earth nundle photos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmeroz

Aaron
Reaction score
As most of you may have seen there is a lot of photos on google earth by this one person called 'damage by fossickers'....

If you take a look at the following link you should see all their photos.

http://www.panoramio.com/user/7239708?with_photo_id=81872812

Please take the time to Flag these photos as offensive/inappropriate so we can try get them removed.

Obviously this person dosnt like fossickers, but I dont think we need to have them on google earth..

Yes some people have not back-filled their holes and given us all a bad name. But having these photos on GE is giving us all a bad name and making us more unwelcome than we already are.

If I am in nundle area next ill do my part to fill in other peoples holes that look bad and maybe others on here can do also.

But please everyone take the time to flag these photos by the sour old fart :p

Good idea mate.

I don't agree with the damage that is being done and people should have more sense to back fill their holes, but the person who put these images up needs to understand that Nundle was founded on gold prospecting. The town wouldn't even exist if it weren't for gold prospecting or the tourism it now attracts because of it.

I can also say that a lot more care is taken by the modern day fossicker than that of the old timers, you only have to head out bush to see the countless unfilled shafts and ginormous piles of tailings, also to mention the rerouting of waterways and trenching that used to occur.

I'm not too sure about this one being dug on private property? http://www.panoramio.com/photo/81864745, look where the fence line ends and wouldn't this area fall into the riparian zone?

Nugget.

Agreed everyone should flag them as most are blatant lies. Most of the holes pictured are not made by recent prospecting or on private land. This bloke is a known serial pest to prospectors, with an agenda of his own.

DD

There was one photo on there that looked like the damage was done by the original old-timers back in the day, but this guys got it on there as if the damage was done last month...

Anyway lets see if we can get them removed

Meta information indicates these images were taken back in 2006 but they were only uploaded at the end of 2012 :/

A few of those pics didn't look right. What's the go with that large plastic sheet. Has anyone seen anything like that before?

Greg

I haven't but it could just be something that washed down in a flood. Old mates just making assumptions.

I flagged these awhile ago as it had come up somewhere else so hopefully a bit of a campaign might see them gone.

Diggerdude said:
This bloke is a known serial pest to prospectors, with an agenda of his own.

DD

Yes - don't know how true it is as I've never been up there but I have heard he tries to get rid of people so his mates & himself can have it all to themselves. There probably photos of their own handy work.

I've been up there and seen the signs put up by the 'Namoi River Catchment Authority'

'Nundle Guy' is Alan Fulbrook, property owner at Bowling Alley Point. Nundle locals know him and regard him as a pest. I understand he volunteers at the information centre but that may not be current. Various anecdotes have him seeing prospectors off whilst armed and has extensively lobbied whoever will listen to get the signage put in place. Tamworth Council's view is that the Act is to be followed with regards to prospecting therefore Nundle Guy was unable to get council onside. The CMA listened and actually installed the signs.

One of the TSR entrances has a steel pole concreted in the middle of the gate. Its a TSR for goodness sake, out that way TSR's are common land.
I wouldn't bother with looking for gold in the Peel, its not worth the confrontation and potential for legal strife (and by legal strife I mean getting yourself out of a mess of accusations because we all know guilty until proven innocent...)

Nugget, feel free to edit if you see fit.

No need for me to edit it mate, your post is very informative and relevant to the discussion.

I feel disgusted by the damage as you guys do and rightly so but it was not done by us, so the question is why do we get painted with the same brush (as fossickers). There will be 'cowboys' in every single sport, social club, organisation etc and it's up to everyone to help weed out this type of behaviour. I'd love him to step in front of me and threaten me if I ever go down there. Anyhow, I've flagged and reported each photo as inappropriate. I hope this bloke finds a bit of a stray or gets himself a tv before he drives more people insane.

Just spent a few days at nundle with here skip and did a lot of panning
on the peel walked along way up and down the river they had a little flood through
there months back and there was no signs of work that the pictures on the link
showed the only workings that I saw where from the old days nice place but the vib in the
Town is not good,
Two days of panning got 0.2 would get that in one pan in tuena,will be stopping of in glendon on the way back maybe more luck there.......
Ps the big pipe that was blocking the TSR has been bent over so you can access that spot.....
Cheers GR.....

Nugget, You are all correct about this farmer but don't let him put you off. If he intimidates you don't argue with him just ignore him, if he has his gun or dogs with him take a photo of them and go to the police station along with the photo's an report him for making intimidated threats, then when you get home write a letter of complaint to the council and let them know you reported him to the police. If you do nothing it will go on and on.

Everyone has a right by our laws in this country not just the chosen few.

The problem is Calala, we have a guy putting up video on youtube of some random redneck firing a rifle from the track under the lookout scree, this fella at bowling alley bailing people up with dogs and guns, it just makes for a place I don't want to visit solo and sure as heck not with my kids. I can go to quite a few other places within an hour of Tam chasing the gold and just not have to deal with lunatics packing their own agendas. No its not great for Nundle but why should I have to put up a front when a nutter with a gun tells me to shoo and take a photo of said nutter to report to the police. Yeah, I'll just go somewhere that recognises what gold has done for their town and the whole town is behind it...

Well as I see it the fact is there is one in every town, if one gets away with it it escalates. That's why we have laws and that's why we have police and I'll be buggered if I will give in to stand over tactics. Don't get into discussions with them use the police that's what they are paid for.

I agree calala, why should this guy be allowed to get away with such behavior? I say report him, rednecks aren't exempt from the law, and you never know you might actually be saving someones life down the track.

Latest posts