Good samaritan gets screwed by thief

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1371124116_image.jpg

madmax3022 said:
Ok here's the update folks, i got the rings back from the police after the standard 60day waiting period woooohoooo ;) and the best part was on closer inspection the men's ring has 750 2T1132BB and the ladies ring with the "diamond" has 375 on it... I found the 750 is 18ct ;D ( i thought it was 375 ) and the ladies 375 is 9ct.. Any idea what the other numbers on the men's ring mean??

Lucky for the lifeguards that the pawnbroker they sold them to agreed to reverse the transaction :cool:

Hey mad max good to see you got them back.

Guys just to let you know when you find your treasure in NSW you should take it to the police station yourself, when you report the find and hand the items to the police officer ENSURE the officer fills out the miscellaneous property book, listing all items in detail and provides you with a copy of the receipt (blue copy) with the event number recorded upon the docket this number will look like this E57854279, without the receipt or event number you have no evidence you handed these items over. you might aswell be handing it to those lifeguards if you get what I mean.

Sorry for the doom and gloom, but I have a serious lack of trust in our police :(

Thanks everyone :) the At Pro will be a whole lot closer if i can sell them. Yeah true it's good to have the paperwork highlander. As they say 9ct gold tempts...18ct gold entices and 24ct gold disappears......

Latest posts