Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers blokes, rain forecast for the whole week so not sure if I'll be able to get out to my spots until next Saturday.
The back lawn will have to suffice for now, it's huge. :) :Y:
Maybe a gold ring in that 2 foot high grass.

Adding to my Back Yard total......More hearts showing up again. The lawnmower man rang and said he'd be around tomorrow, he said they are paying him $150 to do them....Ahhhhh I'd be asking for $250 minimum considering the size of the lawn and also that in some places it is 3 feet high.
My first complete Locket. :) Only a junker but so cool to find one intact and functional.

1496046415_hearts.jpg

1496046432_locket.jpg

Pakenham Races Members Badge 1961-62 Season

1496046530_racing.jpg

Too bad this one is not complete, missing a stone maybe?
1496046581_heart.jpg

Weather was good today so I may be able to get a quick dig in at my spot and hopefully get some more silvers on the board.

Cheers GDA

Thanks blokes I am sure there will be more to add once the lawns have been cut down, I've decided to give the guy a hand because we're going to be living here for a while and I want to be able to use the yard to put up swings for the kiddies and also for Mia my Husky to run around.
I've pulled a lot of surface metal from the lawn which should make things easier. :)

Tonight I went back to my spot and upon arriving I spotted Michael and so decided to have a chat with him. We spent around an Hour and a Half getting to know each other and it was rather enlightening.
We parted ways and as I turned on the Detector I ran it across a loud 32 TID and said to Michael this is a $2 coin and so I dug it up and wallah $2, I looked at him and said open your hand mate and he said okay I could use that thank you Arthur.
Anyway the first target I hit was a Com Penny and I saw 193? and thought could I be that lucky. Well after I wiped the dirt off the missing number and it showed a 2....Argh 2 years off.....I continued to swing away and next target a Com Half Penny, I could see 192? the dirt was covering the last number, I wiped away the dirt and saw a 1.....ARGH 2 years off again.
I had a good night with the pennies being shallow some just under the surface, I continued to swing away and hit a very loud 42 right next to a little bush, I was half expecting a Florin or Penny but when I dug away I felt something long like a tube, I started pulling it out and got a nice surprise I will leave it there and let the pictures tell the tale of the 42 Signal.
My final target on the way back to the car was a loud 32, I thought well it's gotta be a $2 and was surprised to see a little black coin with very little silver showing through, it was a good way to end the night pulling out a Sixpence.

1496072554_finds.jpg

Complete Gun woop woop....

1496072605_gun_1.jpg

1496072631_gun.jpg

1932 Com Penny :( :| :)

1496072658_1932_com_penny.jpg

1921 Com Half Penny :( :| :)

1496072921_1921_com_half.jpg

1955 Sixpence

1496072944_sixpence.jpg

1496072983_pennies.jpg

1496073000_bullet.jpg

Religious Pendent

1496073051_religious_pendent.jpg

Some sort of Crest, the reverse has (Stokes and Sons Melb) on it.

1496073083_crest.jpg

Sorry bout the pictures, in my eagerness to show off my finds I took the pictures underneath the lights and not waited till daylight hours.
Anyway happy as Larry about the finds tonight.

Cheers GDA :Y:

Thanks for that GDA, while looking at it dirty...i felt i had seen something similar before, and even my 'google image' attempt failed to reveal any details.

Cheers

Those silvers and pennies are coming fast for you now Arthur :Y:
The badge would most likely have been off the steering wheel of a VW beetle.
Jealous of your gun,I haven't gotten an intact one yet. :)

ktmman said:
Those silvers and pennies are coming fast for you now Arthur :Y:
The badge would most likely have been off the steering wheel of a VW beetle.
Jealous of your gun,I haven't gotten an intact one yet. :)

Yes there is work going on at my spot by the local council so alot of the topsoil has been shifted by the machinery and revealing some nice easy targets. :)
The gun I am so happy with considering it wasn't even a Bucket- Lister :)

Just caught up on your progress. :Y: some Bonza finds mate. See if you can drop a few coins for Micheal, he will probably have a eye on the ground now. Good luck. Cheers.

Latest posts