gold stories/ bushranger stashes/ caves of gold?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi guys,
just wondering if anyone has heard some decent tall tales about caves of gold, bush ranger stash spots, etc etc
i know alot of the stories we heard when we were kids are just rubbish to get us entertained but they had to start
from somewhere any opinions or stories would be great to read!
cheers and HH. DH :)

Pete_The_Prospector said:
There's a stash of gold coins buried by Frank Ward up near dick rock in the Barrington Tops ;)

Interesting, the story I heard was it was in a cave in the Moonbi Ranges...Wonder if he had multiple stashes? I certainly wouldn't mind stumbling upon a bushranger's hidden treasures!

My mate swapped a car for a bag of sapphires and his young son got hold of them and spread them all over his yard... He doesn't live there anymore... The house is only around the corner from me.... 8.( 8.( 8.(
dryhorrors said:
hi guys,
just wondering if anyone has heard some decent tall tales about caves of gold, bush ranger stash spots, etc etc
i know alot of the stories we heard when we were kids are just rubbish to get us entertained but they had to start
from somewhere any opinions or stories would be great to read!
cheers and HH. DH :)

Latest posts