Gold in eucalypt leaves

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checking it out now.

It's interesting you say that HU, maybe you could start a topic about how gold was actually formed? I've heard so many different stories and I think it might make a great discussion.

HeadsUp said:
Nice article

But they suggest most of the gold on earth was deposited by meteorites ?

:eek: Um wot ?
They arnt saying its made in trees rather it is sucked up into them, Even if it was deposited by meteorites only Minuit amounts is then sucked up by the trees, Interesting how the could use it to find deposits rather than drilling.

Did you know that on average a human contains .22 milligrams of gold per 70kg of body weight? Pretty cool if you can fit in a pan. ;)

Burn the trees & pan off their ashes for gold - don't think that'll go down well with the Greens... :D

Here's a link to another article which explains that it's the "onic or charged gold particles" which the trees draw up from water. Interesting that Ionic or Colloidal gold and Silver stops bacteria from growing. Maybe it's a natural defense against infection.

Eucalypts grow such deep roots they would have been the best to study for deep gold exploration. Would save a fortune in drilling costs.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/technology/2013/10/23/02/09/gold-grows-on-trees-study

Nugget said:
Checking it out now.

It's interesting you say that HU, maybe you could start a topic about how gold was actually formed? I've heard so many different stories and I think it might make a great discussion.

the reading i have done suggests that gold found in small rifts or faults in the earths crust is formed by being carried up in solution in hot mineral enriched water

when the temperature , pressure and atmospheric elements support it , then gold grows in crystaline form , usually in between host rocks such as quartz or quartz enriched granite / basalt

gold can also be found where fools gold ( pyrite , chalcopyrite , arsenopyrite and galena ) exists , now just think how many miners saw fools gold and left the area in disgust , not realising that real gold could be there too

i also think there is gold in the magma in the center of the earth which can be ejected in volcanic activity , then residing in volcanic rock bodies

when i get time i will send a tiny little submarine down there to collect a bit ;)

jules verne had one laying around somewhere , hope i can rent it for a weekend :)

HeadsUp said:
Nugget said:
Checking it out now.

the reading i have done suggests that gold found in small rifts or faults in the earths crust is formed by being carried up in solution in hot mineral enriched water

when the temperature , pressure and atmospheric elements support it , then gold grows in crystaline form , usually in between host rocks such as quartz or quartz enriched granite / basalt

gold can also be found where fools gold ( pyrite , chalcopyrite , arsenopyrite and galena ) exists , now just think how many miners saw fools gold and left the area in disgust , not realising that real gold could be there too

i also think there is gold in the magma in the center of the earth which can be ejected in volcanic activity , then residing in volcanic rock bodies

when i get time i will send a tiny little submarine down there to collect a bit ;)

jules verne had one laying around somewhere , hope i can rent it for a weekend :)
Magma doesnt come from the centre of the earth, If it did it would be liquid Iron, Lava comes from friction points in the earths mantle. But your spot on about the Hot solution.

Balx said:
Did you know that on average a human contains .22 milligrams of gold per 70kg of body weight? Pretty cool if you can fit in a pan. ;)
I feel like I have about half an ounce at that rate. Note to self, start that diet!! :D

kemjak57 said:
Balx said:
I feel like I have about half an ounce at that rate. Note to self, start that diet!! :D
Its my excuse not to diet, dont want to lose value, haha

I actually read somewhere that the old timers used to burn pine cones and pan the ashes to test for a gold values back in the day so this doesn't surprise me a whole lot, them old timers knew alot more then even the scientific community back then...

After they go public with that story, expect to see 10 million Chinese over here soon all bearing chainsaws :)

Saw an article recently on popsci or ABC (i think) that the csiro recently developed a method to scan gumtree leaves to find traces of gold from deep deposits!

how cool is that !

Latest posts