gold detecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi group, im new to the group but an old hand at chasn gold.Long story short, my hands are knackered & doctors have said no more slucing/ panning otherwise the arthritis will worsten".So i sold my hard earnt gold & bought a gpx 5000.My geology is sound in chasn alluvial creek gold.My gold over the years has come from deep gullies at Enfield Victoria.
I live in Apollo Bay & clock up some Kilometres. My question to the group does Enfield give up some small targets, the ground looks right although hammered.Its a big area & over the years ive found some fairly remote places..Not after spots, just some decent advice on Enfield from the group outside of my own research.Thanks group & i enjoy reading the great threads by you all.

Welcome aboard Salmon hunter. Can't help you with Enfield sorry, as I'm unfamiliar with the area. I know the joys of the 5000 though, and it's good fun. Good luck with your hunting mate :goldnugget: :pickshovel:

well just got back from three days hunting around smythesdale, only detected 1/2 the time.Man has it been hammered. Going to have to think outside the box & walk into areas not on the gold maps..Sure many are in the same boat

salmon hunter said:
Hi group, im new to the group but an old hand at chasn gold.Long story short, my hands are knackered & doctors have said no more slucing/ panning otherwise the arthritis will worsten".So i sold my hard earnt gold & bought a gpx 5000.My geology is sound in chasn alluvial creek gold.My gold over the years has come from deep gullies at Enfield Victoria.
I live in Apollo Bay & clock up some Kilometres. My question to the group does Enfield give up some small targets, the ground looks right although hammered.Its a big area & over the years ive found some fairly remote places..Not after spots, just some decent advice on Enfield from the group outside of my own research.Thanks group & i enjoy reading the great threads by you all.

Yes Enfield has some nice gold and still produces. Not all tiny bits either ;)

Latest posts