Gold Bug 2 or Gold Bug Pro?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisSyd

Christian
Reaction score
I got my eyes on either GB2 or GB Pro - very similar specs, only GB Pro has an LCD display and is a more recent product.
My sole purpose is nugget hunting predominantly in NSW - but can't figure out which one is the better choice.

Can you help?

Solely for nuggets the 71khz will be far more sensitive to small gold but ground mineralisation as well (as per above). Need to pick your spots to suit.
The Gold Bug Pro/DP is 19khz & won't be as sensitive to small gold as the GB2 but is still a fairly sensitive machine that is more versatile for other things like a bit of relic/coin hunting.

Edit: as a side note I'd check out the Makro Gold Racer. 56khz so still very sensitive to small gold but more versatile than the Gold Bug 2 & features to rival or better the Gold Bug Pro.

Or the Whites Goldmaster E-series at 48kHz. Along with the Makro, it has a range of coils available. The black sands meter is also an invaluable search aid.

Mbasco beat me to it. +1 on the Makro Gold Racer. Can be dialed in to suit quite severe mineralization.

Latest posts