"Gold" a novel, Thomas Greenbank

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teemore

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Guess he pi55ed off a few people when he posted his book release link (in the wrong section) a while ago.

Before that quite a few caring & sharing members requested and received a free ecopy of his novel on the assumption they would read & review it .... didn't have to say it was good or terrific, just an honest review.

Well the proof is in the pudding, thanks we'll take your freebie but be stuffed doing anything else.

Here's a bloke having a try ....... nicely done P A members.

Here's an extract from a recent email he sent me .......

"I sent out over 20 free ebooks to forum members, and you were the only one who bothered to write a review."

Maybe those that received one just can't read ..........

Teemore, I'm not sure that your wording is helping someone who is asking a favour of members, not vice-versa. It would help more if you told members where he would like the review posted, something only ever provided in his first email many months ago (not in your post, or in his reminder email, or in the novel itself). I still hope to do so but reading a novel on a desktop screen is a new and slightly awkward experience and I have had a few other issues to deal with.

I did manage to relocate the email and found it to be:

"Id love a review from you. Heres a direct link for that Amazon.com/review/create-review?&asin=0648961109"

When one clicks on the link you find that you have to create an account with Amazon, when you do that you get the message:

1612681077_amazon_review.jpg

And to be eligible "To contribute to Customer features (for example, Customer Reviews......you must have spent at least $50 on Amazon.com using a valid credit or debit card in the past 12 months".

So not so easy, but I am posting the above in the hope that it will make it easier for other members to assist, as I am sure many would like to.

I am unclear how he would know that you are the only one who has posted a review, I would have thought a review was confidential, but I am pleased to see that there are reviews of it all over the internet.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=thoma...s=n&sk=&cvid=20c3b45f986d4400a91c7853fcf1b76e

I never got a chance to read or review (wouldn't have been able too with no credit card anyway lol). Would have liked to... but life comes first with a lot of things these days and a sick Mrs S (so I never got to download it at all).... but I'm sure I'll buy a paperback copy at some stage soon. I'll try getting one through Dymocks, at least that way they may get an extra copy or 2 for in store... especially if I ask them if there are any reviews they could show me :p

goldierocks said:
"Id love a review from you. Heres a direct link for that Amazon.com/review/create-review?&asin=0648961109"
When one clicks on the link you find that you have to create an account with Amazon, when you do that you get the message:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4386/1612681077_amazon_review.jpg
And to be eligible "To contribute to Customer features (for example, Customer Reviews......you must have spent at least $50 on Amazon.com using a valid credit or debit card in the past 12 months".
So not so easy, but I am posting the above in the hope that it will make it easier for other members to assist, as I am sure many would like to.

Guess I'm fortunate, that took me about 30 seconds to rectify, as I buy online books via Amazon I know that it has to be Amazon Australia on which the review needs to be done and I have an account.

Guess if you don't buy from Amazon Aust. you may be able to use Goodreads as Grubstake pointed out others have managed to do.
Obviously others besides PA members were approached and seem to have managed a review, be it Amazon or Goodreads.

Hope your issues get resolved.

Teemore said:
goldierocks said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4386/1612681077_amazon_review.jpg

Guess I'm fortunate, that took me about 30 seconds to rectify, as I buy online books via Amazon I know that it has to be Amazon Australia on which the review needs to be done and I have an account.

Guess if you don't buy from Amazon Aust. you may be able to use Goodreads as Grubstake pointed out others have managed to do.
Obviously others besides PA members were approached and seem to have managed a review, be it Amazon or Goodreads.

Hope your issues get resolved.
I have often bought from Amazon in the past - b ut it requires $50 (more than a paperback) bought in the last 12 months, to qualify

Teemore said:
Guess he pi55ed off a few people when he posted his book release link (in the wrong section) a while ago.

Before that quite a few caring & sharing members requested and received a free ecopy of his novel on the assumption they would read & review it .... didn't have to say it was good or terrific, just an honest review.

Well the proof is in the pudding, thanks we'll take your freebie but be stuffed doing anything else.

Here's a bloke having a try ....... nicely done P A members.

Here's an extract from a recent email he sent me .......

"I sent out over 20 free ebooks to forum members, and you were the only one who bothered to write a review."

Maybe those that received one just can't read ..........

I also received a copy of the ebook and sent the author several emails
I tried to write a (positive) review and continually had the same error from the website (Tried several times over several days)
so I guess before writing disparaging messages, maybe ask a few civil questions and get some facts first

What a hero you are Teemore.

I sent Thomas a review and said he can use the review wherever he wanted to, as I'm not on Amazon.

I never heard anything back.

Then I got an email from him yesterday asking if I could leave a review, which I did.....

So before coming on here, maybe you do it to make your sad little life feel better, maybe you should ask questions first.

I don't even know why forum members have to explain anything to a little forum Nazi ( yes you, Teemore)

No wonder people are leaving here :N: :poop:

Latest posts