Going to QLD for 6 weeks.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Heading up to N/W QLD for six weeks anyone know any good spots up that way to do any dectecting and camping? Even a bit of fishing could be on the cards. Not to sure on the rules and regs up there either. Had a look online but not having been up there before can be a little confusing. Any advise would be appriciated.

Cheers
Bing

Hey Bing,
Plenty of areas for both fishing and having a swing around the SEQ, Warwick area.
Maybe drop on in on the way up. Check out Glendon camp grounds and if you do decide to drop by let me know and I could possibly organised a weekend out that way for a bit of a meet up.
Cheers
Brad...

Hi Bing, you do not need a fishing license unless you are fishing in dams. North West Qld is a big area check out CAMPS AUSTRALIA WIDE for camping hope you enjoy your trip. Not sure if you are into fossils but if you are and you get out to Camooweal check out
the Riversliegh fossil area.

Thanks for the info fellas May very well go up via New England HWY Not sure if we will make it as far up as Mt Isa but I will talk it over with my mate and get back to you Colmaca. Same with you Digger Danny. I sent you an Email and let you know.

Greg. :)

Warwick was -5 last night pack warm we are having a pretty cold one up here in "sunny" qld ATM
Glendons is good but leyburn is free and only minutes drive from the talgai state Forrest and prospecting detecting areas worth a look

Also kilkivan mine $11 to pan tailings a day can pay nicely if you want a break or just need to see some colour to lift spirits and gympie isn't far away either

Obviously clermont has been quite rich of late and always worth a look if travelling up that way

Hope this helps good luck mate ;)

Don't forget your license
http://www.qld.gov.au/recreation/activities/fossicking/licences-permits/purchase/

Latest posts