Going to hospital again tomorrow

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the best Jaros and I hope you have a speedy recovery.You will be back out there swinging before you know it.

Regards

Phil

A famous man said "there is no greater relief than the sudden cessation of chronic & constant pain".
I hope everything goes well mate. :Y:
Rob.

Hi, I had the trial implant put in at approx. 1500 hrs, appt time 1300 hrs(bloody hospitals). All went ok. The Boston Scientific implant is so much more versatile in that it has so many electrodes that are able to "hit" different spots in the spinal/back area. I slept well last night as I woke at 0500 to have my breakfast and fast from 0700 - 1300 so I had a chicken sanga at 1600 and cheese and bickies and 2 cups of coffee. They went down very quickly.
I will return to the clinic at Milton for a 1130 follow-up appt. to do some more programming of the implant as well as Thursday to do the same. It should come out next Tuesday and I am hoping they can adjust all the settings sufficiently to relieve my pain by a considerable amount. The only pain I am suffering is really from the surgery area.Fingers xed. Much better technology than my last trial.
Thanks for all the well wishes, very much appreciated.
Cheers Jaros :Y: :p

Good to see that there are no side effects!
1524556576_jaros.jpg

HippyProspecting said:
So no fentanyl :(
Good luck with the new implant and the lycra yoga outfit is yours if you want it ;)

No Fentanyl.
I bumped into the surgeon and told him how sore I was around the implant insertion area and "THEN" he tells me he had a bit of trouble getting the 2 leads up my epidural canal so he had to make 3 separate cuts to allow the leads access up the epi. Why wasn't I told this yesterday? I put it on him to write up a scrip for a strong pain tablet-finally getting 20 5mg Oxycodone tabs.
Now no showers for 5-7 days-just sponge baths.
So far so good. I think the decision to try another implant has worked out for the good.

Love the modified Avatar-even Carolyn laughed.
Jaros :p :Y:

Latest posts