Go find 60 beeps

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
New to the scene I bought a gofind60 not to long ago, have done a few beach try's with some coins showing up

Recently went to this old house, what's left of it anyways found a 1934 toy car

And some sort of plaque or badge?

21nfu3a.png

15n2i9t.png

That's a pretty cool old race car, might have found the same one - Dinky Toys 23A Race Car. First released in 1935, and this one looks to have raised circles on the side were the racing numbers were, so apparently is a pre-WW2 version. It was renamed the 220 after 1954, and eventually discontinued in 1956. :)

1461052136_120848702828.jpg

1461052619_images-3.jpg

Had a clean up of the car not in he best of condition but still nice, sorry for not knowing much but what's a dick Tracey badge? I tried cleaning it and it come up a brassy colour

From memory, Dick Tracy was a radio show where junior listeners could write in and join a club and they got a parcel of goodies including a badge. If other readers were like me, we all said we would continue listening to the radio even though TV came into our homes. Loyalty lasted about a week.
Back to subject, there were also Dick Tracy comics. He was a crime fighter with a special wrist band watch/radio I recall.

Picture of the badge is actually a shield of a plaque.
You can see the two panel pin heads at the top two corners.
A good gentle cleanup may reveal writing on it. :)

Hi Liam1994,
Sometimes best to check the dates on coins before cleaning, reason being if they are rare.
Removing the patina and making them shiny looking can devalue them greatly.
just my thoughts anyway. Cheers

That's fine in original condition, just carefully remove any soil from the detail - nice to have a bit of character to reflect the age of the coin.

Makes me weep when I see people hitting their coins with a dremel and wirebrush - they should be banished to hell. :D

I'd just use a dremmel and a wire brush (ha).
Not on something rare though, and never on Silver or Gold coins. ;)

Latest posts