Getting a SDC2300?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday everyone so after months of deciding, reading, saving and research I have decided to go the SDC2300!

I pick it up next week and Im quite excited ?

But I had one last question for you all. Ive seen they make aftermarket coils for it now, would you choose one? And if so what coil? I know the SDC2300 is best for small gold but will the upgraded coils ruin that?

Learn the machines traits before going
for accessories.
It is a simple machine to learn but like everything else,
there is a small learning curve.
Good choice by the way. :Y: :Y:

Bugger so I went down but they sold out I really wanted a good detector I mean sure I got all the time in the world for restrictions lol but Im impatient so next options

gpx4500 for $4000 ono

Or

Gpx5000 for 5000 ono

All the detectors you are looking at are good machines. With the SDC, I know people like putting new coils on them, but really, they are a great machine in standard form. Really sensitive coil, and can go quite deep. The 5000 is also a great machine, especially with the fine gold timing and even the standard Minelab coil. The 15 inch Evo goes really well on it, too.

$2400 Very Good Price, from Someone who has been detecting for a while, so not a scam,

Suggest a $100 Holding Deposit and Check with Minelab re its their machine, if Ok send the rest of the money.

Suggest be quick, communicate with the owner, check and pay.

Peter

Based on my experience I would recommend to a Newbie to get a 2300 first, to me more small gold around than the bigger stuff, then get a 4500 after.

But a Bargain 4500 could change the priorities.

Peter

Latest posts