G'day

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,
My name is Nathan and I am from the Illawarra region NSW.

My Grandfather gave me an old metal pan and set of sieves about 12 months ago unbeknown planting the seed of no return, which I now know as "The Fever".

After many nights staring at the screen researching- How, where and when, I now know why.

My humble arsenal of an antique pan and sieve weighing in at around 23Kgs has shrunk in weight but grown in size. With the help of this forum and the need to now wear glasses I have built a Wal-banker to spec, purchased a Garrett pan set, a new light weight set of sieves and dusted off the camping gear ready for my maiden voyage.

I thank everyone on the wonderful forum and hope to run in to some of one day on my travels to extract some of your wealth of knowledge, which at this stage I am gravely lacking.

Welcome to PA Nathan. How cool would it be to take your grandfather out and find some treasures with him.

Welcome to PA Nathan. Good luck on your maiden voyage out there hunting the Yella stuff mate. Remember that the journey is more important than the destination :)

SCROUNGER said:
Welcome to PA Nathan. How cool would it be to take your grandfather out and find some treasures with him.
Hi Scrounger, thanks for the welcome, that's the plan, hoping to get out with him soon, he is 84 and keen as mustard.

Welcome Nathan, pretty cool to have some gear passed down through the generations, wish my family had done the same with the gear they used for prospecting. :)

Gday Nathan, I'll add my welcome to the list above.

At the moment I am managing to get out in the scrub around Hill End once or twice a month and always welcome meeting up with other prospectors, so see you in the field.

Regards,

The Peacekeeper

Colour Blind said:
Hello all,
My name is Nathan and I am from the Illawarra region NSW.

My Grandfather gave me an old metal pan and set of sieves about 12 months ago unbeknown planting the seed of no return, which I now know as "The Fever".

After many nights staring at the screen researching- How, where and when, I now know why.

My humble arsenal of an antique pan and sieve weighing in at around 23Kgs has shrunk in weight but grown in size. With the help of this forum and the need to now wear glasses I have built a Wal-banker to spec, purchased a Garrett pan set, a new light weight set of sieves and dusted off the camping gear ready for my maiden voyage.

I thank everyone on the wonderful forum and hope to run in to some of one day on my travels to extract some of your wealth of knowledge, which at this stage I am gravely lacking.

Awesome mate !!!

All the best I am new to and excited about getting out there.

eadesy77

Latest posts