G'day

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

We've just bought a block of land out in Linton, as a holiday/camping block, and with it came around 20-30 pit mines, none of which appear very deep(though i think some must be filled in.)

I've always been keen on geology/archaeology, and had a metal detector as a kid, so I'm keen to do some detecting in the future.

I hired a GPX5000 from Ballarat last weekend and had a bit of crack but found nothing but a few bolts, a 22 shell and a brass rivet(presumable from a knife handle).

Anyway just wanted to join in the fun and maybe ask some tips from people who are likely to know how.

Thanks

James

Hi James welcome to PA. :) Research is your friend. Hit the interweb and check out old parish maps, any historical websites mentioning Linton, and that kind of thing. That might give you an idea of what was happening on your block in years gone by. The more info you can find out the more you will get a feel for the place. Good hunting. :)