G'day; Newbie from Bundaberg here!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day folks,

Names Wes, or Uncle Chewie to the nephews and friends a like.

Recently got myself a little old Xterra 70, and started playing with it, with absolutely no idea how the blasted thing works besides, noise = metallic object! :D

Just moved up to the Bundy region 12 months ago, and work as a photojournalist with Australia's biggest off-road magazine. (no, not 4wd action - though I used to be there). Looking for someone to show me the ropes, and to tag along with the more experienced - happy to cart esky's and fill them as payment! Though the Waeco in the back of the 'Cruiser is usually well stocked.

Anyway, enough shaking babies and kissing hands out of me, feel free to drop me a line if you're local and want to go for a beer, fish, point the metal detecting noise maker at things, whatever.

Take care folks,

Wes.

welcome mate
1517377921_25.jpg

Hi Wes,

I'm also a newbie to the forum & prospecting. I know you are looking for someone more experienced. But I live in Hervey bay & am keen to give this hobby a go (panning & crevicing) if you don't find anyone let me know and perhaps we can organize a day out together.

Sounds like a plan mate! Been pretty busy these past few weeks but should calm down next week :D

Wait to see what happens with this rain this week mate, and might go out and see what we can do :D

Hi Uncle_Chewie,

I moved to Bundy last year, got an SDC2300.
I'm researching places to go but it mostly seems like hard rock stuff around here..

Latest posts