Gday, I'm Brad from Goulburn

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday guys I'm Brad, 28 years young and a very keen prospector.

Trying my best to scope out goulburn as ive just moved down here permentaly with alot of time to kill.
got into detecting 10 years ago, unfortuatley had to give it away after a few brain surgeries.
Decided recently that I really would like to get out there again that im feeling a tad better with a minelab 5000. :)

Not so much into panning and sluicing creeks as my back and neck is no good and I cannot be down low for extended periods of time..
More into the strictly detecting side of things.

Playing with google earth a bit and working out how to use the department of resources website data section.

I know oallen ford, tuena creeks are quite close to me.
However hopefully I might give detecting a go maybe on the higher ground above the creeks if possible, am I really wasting my time?.
Been told if im strictly detecting travelling a bit further to bathurst and beyond might be a better option for myself. :skull:
Cheers! :)

Welcome aboard young fella. Plenty of knowledge on here and a few members in your area that I am sure will be able to help.
I know Gold is in the hills around Bigga and Binda unfortunately I dont know exactly where.
Mackka

Goulburn NSW is in the centre

1539335817_goulburn_nsw.jpg

thankyou mate got it. appreciate it.

have you had much luck going off that? any luck with said waypoints?

keen to give a few spots a ago. I never knew there was spots only 3km from my home. havent found ANYTHING in doug stones maps. or even old maps regarding this close spot.
Very interesting... :|

gday brad im new to fossicking but i was thinking bout heading to goulburn after oberon might give you a shout out if i end up down there, could use a hand prospecting and im always willing to dig :pickshovel:

Hi Brad

Welcome to the forum.

There are a few of us in Goulburn.

Best site to explore mineral occurances in NSW is over at MinView. It's free, too.

Launch the app, and use the controls to zoom into the area you are interested in. Then use the controls to turn on the relevant layers - gold, gems, etc.

It also shows crown land and other useful stuff.

Look under the mineral occurances tab and the Administrative boundaries tab.

https://resourcesandgeoscience.nsw....-information/services/online-services/minview

From Goulburn, Tuena is probably the best bet for finding a nugget.

Historically, many of the nuggets there came from up on the ridges - down in the creek is very trashy.

However, at times large nuggets have been found in tree roots after a flood.

The country is steep, and successful detectorists have walked long distances to get to good ground. This may be a challenge if you have a crook back. That said, some nuggets have come from around the campsite in recent years.

Hey brad check out a web site called Min view.

https://resourcesandgeoscience.nsw....-information/services/online-services/minview

Open up the program and search for mineral activity around your area.

It's hard going detecting around the southern highlands, I grew up in Ulladulla and bush walked detecting most area's from Cooma to Yalwal and some.
Most places are locked out or private property so first check to make sure it's ok to detect.

bradeezle said:
have you had much luck going off that? any luck with said waypoints?
reasearch makes finding so much sweeter , not to mention the history lessons along the way :cool:
enjoy the ride that prospecting is and become stronger along the way :power:

Hi Brad, welcome. I cut wood up that way at a mates farm, I'm from Canberra. wanted to do some dry washing at my mates place but the entire area from Kenmore to Marulin down to braidwood is under exploration license until 2020, so you might have to look further abroad.

Latest posts