Gday from the Wimmera

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys, thought I should stop being rude, and introduce myself.
Im living in what the Americans would call a jerk-water town a town where the steam trains used to stop to take on water in the sunny Wimmera district of Victoria.
Bought my Jaycar QP2301 detector in July 2015 originally to find relics in my backyard and found lead sinkers, brass hose fittings, horse shoes, a length of railway line, and some old fob watches. So that started me off, and I went on to the old railway station site, and the footy oval, and searching the ditches along the roads. So far, I have found a florin, some shillings, sixpence and three pence a lot of those as well as pennies dating back to 1877.
All the money my dad used to talk about, but I had never seen in real life.
Now I have the Aldi Adventureridge detector to find those deeper coins and to look more professional while detecting, lol.
Anyway, thanks to you all for the information and humour, and for keeping the enthusiasm alive in this great hobby.

G'day and welcome theluckyone :) sounds like your off to a great start mate! I head over to Dimboola and Horsham a little here and there to visit family. Nice place..if you like grass haha ;)

Dry country out there. Last time I went to Dimboola the river had swept the weir away. Must have been big floods there a year or two back?

Thanks for the welcome guys.
Yeah, there was a big flood back in 2011 - it did a bit of damage in the area, but been fairly dry since then.
No cutting plugs here - just kick the dust away with your boot to find the coins, lol.
Anyway, hopefully I will have something to show in the future.

Latest posts