G'day from Port Stephen's

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day ,my name is Craig . I'm a 50 year sparky. Just found this forum today . Have been into fossicking for about 8 years or more now, and love it. Got into it when my young bloke , now 16, showed a big interest from as soon as he could walk. Always searching for what lay on the ground :). Have travelled from NSW to the Golden Triangle, to the Central Queensland Gem fields, just looking for what we can find in the different locations . Mainly spend time in the New England area chasing gems. We have a Garrett Gold Stinger detector, and are keen on getting into the gold more actively. :)

Hi Craig, welcome to the forum. Plenty of like minded people on here to chat with and share your finds and adventures with. Wishing you both good luck with your future prospecting. :)

G'day Craig, I am a newbie to this site too and to prospecting in general. Seem to be a good bunch of people on here with heaps of advice. I have been finding the forums very useful. Enjoy.

Welcome Craig
I am also a Sparky and like at Singo. I moved down from Central Qld a couple of years ago and used to head to Tomahawk creek for a couple of weeks each year. Have not got into the sapphires down here yet but will eventually. I bough a detector when I moved down here but have not had much chance to use it.

Regards

Richard

G'day Craig, good on you for joining, can't wait till it warms up a bit so I can get up to Inverell Sapphire hunting again. Hope to see some pics from your adventures sometime.

Hi , thanks for the warm welcome :)
Richard I grew up in Singo ! Moved to the Bay in 99, had enough of the coal mines. Around Inverell and Glen Innes is good for sapphires, zircon and garnet. We were at Rubyvale last year and loved it there. Nice warm days and cool nights in July. Did not have all the gear you need up there dry sieving, but found a couple of sapphire at Glenalva with a guide. Cheers, Craig.

Latest posts