Gday from Dubbo

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm Andrew from Dubbo. I'm 31 and I got into prospecting because of my teaching unit of "gold" for my year 6 class. I had a detector prospector come in and talk to our class and he brought in a 3 ounce nugget for us to check out and the talk was amazing. He had some great stories and he was sporting a minelab gpx5000 that he was pretty happy with. We all went into the playground and he found an old rusty nail that the kids assued wwas gold before it came out.
So I have been to Hill End fossiking and also my closest local gold field is Stuart Town. I have only been gold panning but i have acquired a new Angus McKirk predcator III cleanup sluice which is a great bit of kit.
I would lve to check out Nundle and any other Goldfields so drop me a line and tee it up so i can learn from everyone else, in exchange for some local knowledge.

Welcome aboard Andrew. We hope to organise another fossicking trip to Nundle soon, possibly in January. Best of luck in your search for the yellow stuff and please don't hesitate to ask questions.

Nugget.

Welcome xray,

I have family in Dubbo its a great country town/city :) , I'm sure you'll find plenty of info and help here these people are very knowledgeable and friendly.

Regards Dal

Welcome to the forum Andrew. I can see how being shown a 3oz nugget at school could spark an interest in digging heaps of holes in the ground. That Angus MacKirk sluice is a great way to get the apprenticeship rolling, and the gold should start adding up in your jar real soon,

Hope the forum gives you enough information and inspiration to go out confidently into the goldfields, with the knowledge that the odds of being successful are on your side. Best of luck out there,

Cheers Wal.

Thanks guys! I'm also looking with interest at the new garrett atx PI machine. What are your impressions of the machine thus far? I'd be interested to see what everyones thoughts are.
Dubbo is a great litle town for sure.

The ATX comes from a great pedigree and from all reports will be a heavyweight amongst the serious Gold machines. As soon as they arrive in Australia many will be testing them against the GPX5000 and the Whites TDI Pro. I will be doing my own tests when a fellow forum member receives his ATX in a couple of weeks time.

I will be able to give you my thoughts on the machine and will be filming the controlled tests for our next You Tube Vid.

Cheers Wal.

Let me know how it stacks up Wal. I'm Super keen after seeing the size gold that it is capable of picking up.

Latest posts