G'day fellars

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just registered and after fumbling around i managed to post my introduction. I've just got back from the Pilbara mining and just trying to acclimatise from extreme heat to cold Brizzy. I've found some motivation to share similar prospecting interests and ideas. I have read lots of books and researched areas also invested in a GPX 5000 a couple of years ago and built a big high banker and a little under sluice for the pay dirt. A bit of a tinkerer but get board with just my own activities just want to share the common interest. My doctor nick named me Diamond Jack with his curiosity updates. I recreational fly a MTO-3 down at Evans Head working on passenger hours for endorsement just gotta get my act together and clock some serious hours. Anyway just time wasting between contracts, wondering if any one has the same Au ideas.

Mick.

Gidday Mick and welcome to PA mate. Cold in brzzy hey? You want to try living down here in Ballarat :lol: :lol: :lol:

SCROUNGER said:
Gidday Mick and welcome to PA mate. Cold in brzzy hey? You want to try living down here in Ballarat :lol: :lol: :lol:
Scrounger!
Yeah fair comment just feeling cold all the time. I guess out Pilbra way anywhere else below is cold. It took some time to adjust to days of average 45 Deg and hottest about 52 Deg Steel was above 70-80 Deg just managing the heat rash water intake and heat fatigue. Just watch ya mates was the general safety. Not winging just climate shock. I got a mining mate Rosie lives down Ballarat, you've got good stomping ground for prospecting.

Mick

That we have mate. Know what you mean about the heat, too hot for me, i start collapsing at 32 degrees. :lol: :lol: I've got relos up in Qld and its hilarious when they get down here and start putting jumpers (if they own them) on when it gets down to 20 degrees.

The two de watering plants are six stories high and from second level was iron clad. The temps in there were above sixty and that's dangerous as your body starts cooking at 60 Deg. They had to cut big holes in the sheeting to get some air in. Just extreme heat and humidity from the cape. There were other areas hotter as we were lucky we got some breeze from the port. Anyway finished out there for now and just put it down to an experience and good to be home for now, well until missus thinks otherwise. I noticed the geology was good out there too when i got a day off me and a mate explored and noticed heaps of quarts everywhere and it was iron country. I was planning on taking the Mine lab out there but i don't think it would be real popular on unknown existing mine lease areas. But this geology was every where as we stopped on road side outside Karratha and there it was same heaps of surface quarts on iron ground. Just made me wonder how much Au was wasted as its iron mining out there.

Mick.

Latest posts