g'day all. new bloke.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
big hello there. I found this site while looking for stuff about Camp Cable. So i joined up to try & team up with others who might like to come down to the old world war 2 base 40mins south of brisy. there bulldozing the place & building new housing estates there . So it's up to us to find anything & save it while we can. i am new to detecting & have a xterra 305 & minlab pin pointer & still have heaps to learn so any help & tips would be great. so if anybody's keen to join me down Camp Cable just reply & or PM me & i'll give you my number. BTW i'm heading down tomorrow & then going to the logan village RSL for a feed & beer & try & get some info about the base from the locals. the RSL opens @ 2pm . i have black beard & where glasses if ya keen for a chat. Cheers.

Welcome to the forum pulltab magnet. What a great name, :) if only i could find one of those i would swap my Garrett Pro Pointer for one any day.

Sounds like you're keen on the relic hunting and by the looks of your research you will definitely do well at it. Look forward to interacting on the posts and best of luck with that WW2 base mate.

Cheers Wal.

Welcome!

Good luck on the site... I did a similar one recent , it had a light rail though it at one one stage, think I found most of it!. Found an old iron though ! Tough work due to the junk from collapsed buildings an such . You just have to persevere , hopefully someone local can help you out if they are good with a treasure detector . I would have liked someone with more experience to help me with my location .
Maybe make a few trips , dig as much as you can, good luck!

G'day PM and welcome. All the best with your treasure hunting and be sure to post some pics of your finds :D

Latest posts