Garrett ATX Information and Questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it was below Tullaroop rd to the right. went to Amherst today and found buttons , wire and tiny bits of metal. seems to be a good detector but no gold. been a year and still havnt got my first. does anybody still detect the heaps ? or do u guys look for new ground?
1405149380_20140712_160632.jpg

Hey Kirkn, when at Amherst where did you go? I've had a swing along Blacksmith gully Rd, [both sides, but didn't get anything either] down by the main rd, but not off the beaten track. I'm hoping to get over there in a couple of months for a while to see if I can finally crack my duck.

Dunno TD. Didn,t bring me scales just threw the 35 in the van an a pick in case of the chance of a detect,been over at Victor Harbour but left cause of the shitty weather an the mrs says why don,t ya try an catch h some gold on the way home so off to Maryborugh for a few days, gotta be back at work 4 am Sunday ! Now the :D weathers shit here but at least I caght one so far . Spell check not working

Detector specs an a ultra sonic clean shot in gold finds section forgot to say had reeds booster on too :) :) but it was a clear signal , new it was gold after hitting wash and had a lump of clay with little jagged quartz, thought it was a specie at first

As the title says are we happy with the atx .
How are the supplied rechargeable batteries holding up.

G'Day! Stalker,

I have had my ATX Deep Seeker for a few months now.
have found lots of junk i.e.
Shotty pellets, Ally Cans, bolts etc etc
basicly still learning to speek ATX ..
As i am FIFO I only get to play with it once a month..
It will be out of warenty before I am fluent with ATX.
As for the batterys i am still using the throw aways havent given the other batterys a first charge yet
Am I happy with it... Yes Though I will be even happer when I walk over a bit of Gold with the ATX.lol

Cheers
Jim

Ha ha LT my atx is at arms reach next to my couch I'm contemplating on a battery mod using 3.7v lithium rechargeable with a voltage limiter to 1.5v that way I get 20+ hours use and retain the 3000mAh from one charge . . How's the kidneys today ..

Had my ATX since just before Christmas 2013. The rechargables that came with my ATX are still cranking along and I am having loads of fun with it. Those of you who know SA know that the Copper Triangle [I wish it was the Golden one] is a fair way from the Adelaide Hills and Mt Crawford and even further to Echunga, so I play with my machine around here trying to find pre-decimals and relics. Found a heap of interesting stuff [coded for junk] but with all the playing I'm putting it down to experience. I am working away at getting better with it so that when we go to Laanecoorie I actually will be able to find and bring home some Victorian yella. Here's hopin'.

Tassie Daz said:
Had my ATX since just before Christmas 2013. The rechargables that came with my ATX are still cranking along and I am having loads of fun with it. Those of you who know SA know that the Copper Triangle [I wish it was the Golden one] is a fair way from the Adelaide Hills and Mt Crawford and even further to Echunga, so I play with my machine around here trying to find pre-decimals and relics. Found a heap of interesting stuff [coded for junk] but with all the playing I'm putting it down to experience. I am working away at getting better with it so that when we go to Laanecoorie I actually will be able to find and bring home some Victorian yella. Here's hopin'.

Let me know which area your going to so I can raid it first :D

PS I am only kidding...

Good to hear you all love it still. I tried 1.5v 3000mAh lithium batteries awhile back and found I got longer running time and smoother running 12 hours out of them . but they were not rechargable and 40 bucks a pop . Not worth buying if It's not paying. Maybe recharge 1.2v 2450mAh enloops are a better way to go.

Latest posts