Garmin eTrax 20 Line across screen

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have and use a Garmin eTrax 20 handheld GPS. Pretty good unit for detecting support.

Haven't been out for a while and when I got it out to change/charge batteries I noticed a bold grey line running left to right in the centre of the display screen.

I have done nothing to the unit since I last used it, so have no idea where this screen anomaly came from.

I googled it and even wrote to Garmin - who responded with an offer to sell me a fully refurbished etrex 20 for $130 ( less that half what I paid for my unit)...but no response to what has caused this problem of the line on the screen (which is there if the machine is 'on' or 'off').

Anybody have some 'publishable' advice for me.
Thanks in advance
regards
Mike

I had a line down my Dell screen. Found out it was a fault. Ordered a new screen and in the period of order to receipt the darn thing vanished. PLUS the new screen had a different connector. AAaarrgh!!!!!!!
It is still running ok???

MikeB05 said:
Hi Jaros, the unit itself is working well...just a darned line across the screen.
Hi MikeB05, I read somewhere it's a known fault, but if out of warranty, have to pay$.
Others just give it a solid thump on the side of the unit.

Latest posts